How to let a guy know you like him without looking desperate?

I work in a retail store, and about 3 weeks ago this guy came in the store. He used to work with my coworker, so she introduced us and we talked briefly.

Since that day, I have walked by his store (he works in a mens clothing store) a few times, and we have locked eyes and smiled twice.

I'm scared of going into his store and starting a conversation because I'm don't know if he likes me and I don't want to be embarassed and look too obvious.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Only girls could be this afraid of "looking desperate".

Who are you going to look desperate to? Not the guy, obviously. Because GUYS DON'T THINK LIKE THAT.

Other girls? Why care what they think?

What Guys Said 5

• People are too uptight about that "omg desperate" thing

Just be yourself, show your interest - work on getting what you want and anybody else may go to hell - people are jelly, especially bitter losers so they make such idiotic, illogical comparisons attempting to sabotage the happiness of others

So unless you're literally falling at his feet and begging for him - you're totally not going to be desperate!

• Just go to his store and talk to him. Most guys would like that. Even if he doesnt like you the same way you like him, maybe the two of you can build a friendship that can turn into something more in the future. Anything's possible, just need to make the first move.

• "I find you attractive. Would you like to have lunch sometime?" Do this in a stern serious voice with a stern serious face. You wouldn't seen as desperate that's for sure.

• She also is going to look like a serial killer with that stern serious face when asking someone out

• Then what's the realistic course of action?

• I don't know yet...i have to figure it out\

• why don't you take help from your co worker who used to work with him?

• just flirt with the guy and talk to him that won't be obvious.

What Girls Said 4

• what I did in a similar situation : I passed by the place he worked really often. One day I found the oppurtunity to tell him : you' re really cute ! He blushed and said nothing . . I was so surprised with my self that I just ran away . . Later on I learn he has a girlfriend ! so I just had to forget about it :) It was a great experience, I must say, learned from it, didn't miss the opportunities, I should have done more, I guess, now that I look back! and sooner ! I would tell you not to worry about looking desperate! you are just a girl who is being sociable and likes meeting and talking to people :) just be comfortable :)

• just flirt and talk to him.

• just flirt with him or ask him out, that would be normal and nice

• This is difficult because different guys interpret neediness in different ways based on their personal experiences, their attitudes/egos, etc.

All you need to know is that even the shy/modest-looking guy has a pretty vast ego. If you give him too much at once his ego gets puffed up and he starts treating you poorly, taking it for granted that you will be there when he wants you. If you give a little at a time, making him earn his way to each level of your relationship, he'll appreciate the fact that you have feelings for him.

As far as how to show him, LISTEN to his stories, sit close and lean in when he's talking to you, as though you can't hear what the guy's saying. If you say "What?" a few times, he'll pick up on the fact that it's too loud and offer to go for a walk or something where it's more quiet and you can talk. That's also your hint that he likes you because he wants to talk with you more. Guys aren't usually the chatty ones...