If a girl has a sexy/beautiful face and is in good shape, does it matter how she dresses?

First of all, I have to say that I grew up as a tomboy. When other girls my age were learning about makeup, I was focused on Harry Potter and Pokemon. I was 17 before I stopped wearing sneakers everyday and now that I'm 19 I can barely put on makeup. I'm told I have really good skin and I think that is why I was never drawn to makeup in the first place. I never needed it; sometimes people come up and ask me if I have it on and I never do. I just don't understand how someone could spend so much time putting makeup on. As for the way I dress, I have jeans and trousers in all colors and I tend to like to look "smart". I wear blazers occasionally and collared shirts with the top buttons unbuttoned. And I wear oxfords, sneakers, and boots most of the time. I'll wear flats and heals and dresses too but only about 30% of the time. When I was little I looked a little bit odd because of my high cheek bones and my cheeks were a little chubby. As I aged the chubby cheeks went away and I always get compliments on my facial structure. My hair is naturally soft and wavy and it's cut short so that it comes to around my jaw/neck. I don't waste much time primping my hair ( I just wash and go). I guess after all this rambling... My question is... If someone is a casual and natural beauty do I really need to change a lot about myself. It's just that I'm going to be in my 20s soon and I realized I don't do very much that other women my age or younger do.

I will add though that make-up makes me look a lot older (more than just a few years). But no make up makes me look a lot younger than I am. I'm only 5 feet tall too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is your concern more for the future? I'm not sure why you're asking beyond a possible concern that you behave differently than others. It sounds like you get plenty of attention from decent guys. If you're happy with how things are going with you, there's no need to change. If you feel that guys that you're interested in do not notice you than perhaps change is called for. Your current style and attitude seems natural and very attractive. By being low key you can limit the amount of unwanted attention you get. It sounds like a happy median to me. Am I wrong there?

• Thank's for your comment. My problem isn't with meeting guys. It's just that I wonder if I'm missing out on something that has to do with being a woman. I usually don't buy in to generalizations about gender and I'm pretty happy with the way things are now but my thoughts are about after college. I'm going to actually be in the adult world then and I wonder if more mature men expect a woman to do those kinds of things.

• That's an easy one to answer! No, less mature men expect those kinds of things. More mature men look at the whole person. They enjoy when women dress up for special occasions but they don't seek conformity. You can safely be yourself!

• That was sweet of you!

What Guys Said 11

• No of course not even if you weren't naturally beautiful you shouldn't feel any pressure to wear make-up or dress a certain way...Spent time on your appearance because YOU want to look and feel good :-)

• It doesn't matter how a girl dresses, and I have weird tastes in what I prefer to see a girl dressed like. For example, I think it's really hot when a girl is wearing combination of a spaghetti strap tank top and has a sweatshirt "halfway on" as in her arms through the sleeves and the bottom pulled up about to her shoulders but with no intent of pulling it over her head, with the sweatshirt itself just kinda hanging in front draped over her tank top. And it doesn't even have to be a tank top (though that's what I most prefer her to do that with), a t-shirt, tube top, halter top, you name it, anything works with that. I just think it's hot when a girl wears a sweatshirt that way (ideally a grey one, but navy blue and black look sexy too), and if she pairs the tanktop/sweatshirt-not-quite-on combo with distressed jeans (although any kind of jeans work perfectly), that's super hot.

I think what I described is pretty casual sounding (albeit in an unorthodox way). The biggest upside of the outfit I described is it probably would take a girl 4 minutes and not 4 hours to put together.

But anyways, it doesn't matter what she wears. If I like a girl, the personality and chemistry are what really matter. For example, no girl I've ever dated has dressed the way I described yet that didn't matter to me.

• It depends. I wouldn't want a girl who feels the need to constantly dress provocatively. But at the same time, the guy in me occasionally wants the girl I'm with to show it off.

If a girl where's jeans and a normal girls shirt all the time, great. I think it's a good look anyway.

Sweats? All forint, stay comfy and enjoy yourself.

I would never tell my girlfriend how she should dress but at the same time, I can't act like I don't like it when she gets really girlie occasionally. That's kind of how my girlfriend is. Se isn't constantly putting on low cut dresses or wearing high heels but casino ally she'll doll it up. I love it and I appreciate the effort he puts in

• My perspective can be summarized by this:

If some stunningly attractive girl walked up to me all dolled up in her most feminine looking dress, I'd be on her like it's my job...

BUT, if the same stunningly attractive girl walked up to me in nothing but a potatoe sack, I'd still be on her like it's my job.

• It definitely DOES matter...just because a girl is in good shape and has a pretty face doesn't mean she gets to slack off in dressing in ways that flatter her! :-P

• Guys will overlook pretty much anything if you're hot and have a great personality. Bad sense of style? No problem!

• In general to me no it doesn't. I have absolutely no fashion sense and don't care about how people dress.

• DONT' WORRY ABOUT DOLLING YOURSELF UP. AS YOU SAY YOU KNOW YOU ARE ALREADY GOOD LOOKING.YOU DON'T NEED TO BE MUTTON DRESSED UP AS LAMB.BE COMFORTABLE WITH YOURSELF AND CLEAN AND TIDY.THAT IS ENOUGH!

• As long as she doesn't dress revealing its fine

• No, as long as she doesn't dress like a hooker.

• It matters. But it matters less.

Just think about the kind of guys you want to attract. A shy guy, for example, might be less scared about approaching you if you're dressed in that casual way.

If you upload a pic, we'll be able to give you better advice.

What Girls Said 3

• i doubt that it'd matter- give a guy a pretty girl with a beautiful personality and he's the happiest man on earth:)

i have some friends like this- even in a tracksuit they still manage to look good. but I guess its also a persons personality which makes them shine even more=]

• well I have seen tomboys who have amazing boyfrineds or girls who dress bad have them too so you don't have anything to worry about.

• no, guys will look more of your personality and overall thing rather than jsut clothes.