Ear piercing on men, yes or no?

My boyfriend is 23 years old, he is applying for medical school and I convinced him to get both his ears Pierced, they looked great on him! I think it made him look more put together, he said he does not want to look ghetto or trashy and it didn't, he is a well put together guy, classy and even with the piercing he looked good, but then he talked to his dad and he said it look so trashy and even when it heals there will be a hole on your ears and interviews for medical school the people won't want him because of the earring or the hole, when I don't feel that way at all and he ended taking one out and leaving the other in, when I actually think that's more trashy to just have one in, so question is what do you think of guys with there ears pierced and what do you think about have both or just one in, and do you believe in the. Stereo type earrings have on men?

Ohhh and by the way they where really small circle earrings

Most Helpful Guy

• Medical schools are very conservative places, you know. They will probably not be impressed with a guy who wants to make an ultramodern style statement with pierced ears, even though it may be accepted other places.

Hid dad is correct..I don't agree it would be trashy, but admissions people at a lot of med schools would!

What Guys Said 10

• It will not be perceived as classy or well put together. Best case it doesn't detract from being well put together and has minimal impact on his classyness ...

You know I know guys with pierced ears, I had friends with pierced ears, I had some body piercings when younger. You know how many men I run into via work wearing earings?

Zero.

• Due to negative stereotypes, many professional men are opting for liver piercings.

• men should not get percings unless it's a religious thing.

tattoos are fine as long as they can be covered by a t-shirt and work pants.

• "Men with piercings" and "classy" !? Please ... Call it something else. What a fu&&&ing ridiculous statement. Sorry dad. Your son got screwed.

• Looks bad... Nope.

• im going to end up going to medical school and I have black earrings. I don't like shiny ones. But yeah I could never look ghetto.

• It sounds catchy as I have heard that if you get your right ear pierced or both you are symbolized to be gay. I personally got my left pierced not both but I guess it is up to you both whether or not to get both pierced as I have seen some straight friends of mine getting both pierced.

• No. It is not for me.

• It's quite a yes but it still depends upon their associations / beliefs.

• His dad is right. They might not accept him because of this

What Girls Said 9

• I won't say it looks "trashy" exactly but it's definitely not professional for someone applying to medical school. I can tell you right now they won't take him seriously. They expect a well groomed, put together person and appearances DO matter. Especially in professions dealing with the public (anything in the medical field). I don't think getting his ears pierced was a good idea.

• i honestly agree with your boyfriend... especially on both ears.. it kinda does look trashy...

i mean if its on one ear then okkkk I could let him get away with it, but 2 ears is a different story... he's not a girl, and in medical school they need to present themselves as ultra classy.

piercing both ears could potentially get him the sack lol, like honestly.

he got a good head on his shoulders:)

• Nice medical school and he looks trashy, tell him to remove it or the medical board will think he's just an immature mook who doesn't take his work seriously. No offense.

• I think ear piercings are a turn on! It may not help him with his job, but if he is good at his job, it shouldn't be a distraction :) and I think it looks better with both of them in

• I like it. My boyfriend has 2 earrings in his left ear.

• No. Ear piercings on men don't look right

• It's not professional.

• I don't believe the stereotype of earrings on men but they don't really add or detract from a guy. I barely even notice. In fact, I didn't notice my guy had his ears pierced until several months after I met him and he's the least trashy person I know. That being said, I don't think you should have convinced him to get his ears pierced, when he clearly doesn't think fondly of them.

• He can just take them out when sitting for the interviews and any other time he needs to look professional. They're not going to examine his ears. They're more interested in his grades, MCAT scores, internships, personality, etc.