Have you've ever been told you look different in pictures compared to in person?

I know some people are quite photogenic or those kinds of people that know how they can manipulate a photo they take. But I've always gotten that I've looked different in real life versus in photos, without any effort. Has this situation happened to you or happens to you as well multiple times?

*Disclaiming now; When I say I look different, its never like I turn out to be a 50 year old puerto rican woman with 3 kids. People say I tend to look more older and more defined or something. That I'm prettier in reality or whatever, but I just don't photograph well without looking different to other people strangely enough.

Most Helpful Guy

• Apparently I look grumpier in photos, which is an achievement considering my usual expression :P

What Guys Said 5

• It's sometimes a compliment to hear that; sometimes it's just the opposite!

Some people actually look better in photographs, and in general, people DO look older, for better or worse, since the photo doesn't generally transmit the freshness of youth, but does show every single wrinkle or gray hair..!

Why not just treat it as a compliment, unless you're really sure it's not?

• I don't know, but for some reason I've always thought I looked better in real life than I do in pics.

• Idk if I've actually been told, but I definitely feel that I look different in person, or at least in front of a mirror, than I do in photographs... videos aren't even as bad either! lol

• I look better in real life, I'm told.

• I've been told that a lot of times, and it's quite flattering or it makes my day bad sometimes.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, that's why I avoid taking pictures of myself. I'm not photogenic at all. I look better in real life than in pictures.

• The only time I've heard that is when guys I met from dating sites said I looked better in person. They were probably just feeding me lines though, haha!