Guys: What kind of makeup do you like girls to wear?

I'm just curious as to what makeup guys like females in general to wear.

• No makeup at all
  • Minimal Makeup (Light foundation, neutral eye makeup, natural lip color)
  • Noticeable Makeup (Foundation, darker eye shadow, heavy mascara, bold lip color)
  • Heavy Makeup (Foundation, intense eye shadow, false eyelashes, bold lip color)
  • I'm a girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Either C or D, I like it when a female wears bold makeup. It's sexy (and I know most guys on this site will furiously disagree with me).

I would've voted D but I don't feel most girls need the false eyelashes (although I'm a huge fan of smokey eye makeup and bold lip colors!)...so I voted C. I'm only the 2nd dude that voted C!

What Guys Said 19

• I prefer that she goes natural, wearing no make-up at all, or if she has to wear it, wear it minimally where as it appears she isn't wearing make-up.

• I would like to say "none at all", perhaps because I know not to expect her to put any more effort on her looks than I do on mine.

But given that aside, by purely aesthetic preferences, minimal is perfect. Enough to even out your skin. Much more than that and I start to feel uneasy. The biggest drama queens I've ever known were heavy makeup wearers. And perhaps that's an unfair prejudice, but it's about like what women would think of a man with big glasses and a mustache. You don't ASSUME how he is, but you feel uneasy nonetheless.

Minimal or no makeup can be nice because of the realism and down-to-earth vibe it gives in comparison. There's something nice about seeing a girl's actual face.

• The minimum that you can get by with for the situation.

On an average day, eye liner and lip gloss is plenty. Obviously, on special occasions, you might want to wear more, to go out to some fancy event, or for a photo shoot or something, and that's fine, but I strongly believe that most women wear WAY too much makeup WAY too often.

• Makeup that I do not notice is there.

If I can see that you're wearing makeup, then it is wrong or to much.

If I cannot see that you're wearing makeup, then it is well done and perfect.

Or you could just skip the makeup alltogether.

• I like very little to no makeup on a girl. If I'm dating someone, I want to actually know what she looks like. If you have enough makeup on to look like a clown or a portrait that used oil pastels, those are signs you've used wayy too much.

• I like only natural...

• Personally, I'd prefer a girl to not wear any makeup at all. But to be honest, any amount of makeup is fine as long as I can't notice it, noticing what makeup you're waering just irritates me.

Also, I hate eye shadow, eye liner, lip stick and mascara, just seeing that sends a shiver down my spine.

• No makeup at all. Don't think I've ever dated a girl who used a ton of makeup.

• Minimal is good. But if they put on some eye shadow and really go for it it can still look really hot.

Heavy makeup is awful though

• link

something like this. I don't know what you call them but yes red lipstick on a fair complexion with a red color on the cheek bones kills me every time I look at any girl with that.

• I like that kind of makeup that the Batman's Joker had. It shows you've got personality.

• i personally prefer no make up. but I if the pertner in questin wants to use make up the option b comes in

• No make up, please. At the VERY most minimal, but ya, basically none is best. Embrace your natural appearance. Doesn't mean you have to be lazy about being clean or minor things like combing, but you don't need make up.

• None of my ex's have worn makeup, and they still looked pretty without it, so that's a pretty hard standard to beat. Aslong as I can barely notice you're wearing it, that's how I like it.

• minimal to no make-up. growing up that's how my mom was, so I guess I'm accustomed to it.

• I like it when girl's wear makeup so it looks natural. Like an improvement.

• The most natural ones. So, the minimal makeup.

• I chose B by mistake...I meant to choose A. I'm not generally a fan of makeup and I think most guys would agree.

• A or B

What Girls Said 13

• It's interesting that most guys say they prefer "no makeup" yet if they see an average girl with legitimately NO makeup on, they would more than likely not be attracted to her.

I feel like when women wear minimal makeup, guys assume she is wearing none and that she naturally looks like that. But, I could be wrong, that's just something I've noticed from guys I know in real life.

• I think you're correct about this, actually. People are used to seeing some level of makeup on women our minds are so programmed to seeing that, that it almost looks odd to see someone without any at all on. I think your spot on with your assessment. Minimal makeup tends to bring out someone's natural beauty.

• Exactly. Guys don't wear makeup so most probably can't really tell when a girl is wearing minimal makeup.

• Guys think they want a girl with no makeup or a "natural" look, but if you start questioning them on what they think a natural look is, they'll usually list off hot celebrities who wear tons of makeup that's applied by a good makeup artist.

• lol girl code

• Yeah, I did see that on girl code, but I knew how hypocritical it was before then.

• I just answer questions like this to see the answers.

Lol, I am not a guy...but I believe most like it for special occasions or in photographs. But not on a daily basis, especially since they like to get all touchy feely and suck face. No dude needs smeared lipstick or gloss on him. No dude wants nasty goo foundation all over him. And who wants to look at racoon smokey eyes very day? Most dudes don't even like cake. They can tolerate mascara and a bit of eye liner. No face makeup and nothing too heavy on the eyes. But, if I was potraying myself to impress guys, I wouldn't do what I do. But I do what I do because I love it. And that's how us girls need to start thinking. If you hate makeup, don't wear it for him. Just make sure you don't wear ut for yourself. Same thing goes for if you like it.

• well I'm not a guy but I usually go for something like this when I do wear makeup: link

• I think they prefer make-up they can barely see is on there. Guys don't know that that's still a lot, but it should be just enough to fix your flaws and enhance your eyes. Some guys who have lived with their girlfriends might know how much work even that is.

• I don't think guys understand that girls they think are "natural" are normally wearing cover up at least

• Minimal Makeup

• makeup is just not feasible with the type of job I have...

• What's your job?

• marine detailer. I work in a boat yard with dust and stuff flying around all day, I'm always washing my face. or if its a nice day jumping in the water to cool off lol :P

makeup just isn't worth the hassle!

• all kinds.

• All the guys are lying. The only girls who get noticed are the ones who wear a ton of makeup

• "Adriana Lima looks so hot in her photoshoots!"

*two minutes later*

"I HATE makeup! I like my girls allll natural!"

I don't think all the guys are lying but boy do I see the above scenario a lot.

• They all prefer girls with tons of make up

• a girl wears no make up: "oh, are you sick? you look tired."

a girl wears minimal makeup: "see I love the natural look."

guys don't realize that all girls wear some form of makeup, even if its just coverup. guys don't really like no makeup, they like the natural look achieved by applying minimal makeup.

• Exactly! The girls who look nice and seemingly have no make-up on, are actually wearing quite a few products on their face. And guys still think those women aren't wearing any make-up. They don't even realize that women have dark circles without make-up.

• All guys lie. Guys always go after the slutty girl, or the girl that wears a lot of makeup. I don't know why guys lie over the internet?