Not a cry for attention. I'd just like any advice..

ever since I was a child I never saw myself as good looking. iI am now in college and I have this same problem. People tell me all the time that I am good looking..also I had a huge crush on this guy and we went on a couple dates and he told me that I look good in anything I wear. Even though people always compliments me I still feel hideous like I am looking at someone else I am never happy with how I look. I tried to see myself as good looking but usually I say at least I look o.k ...Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same problem growing up. I'm also in college now but I just try to do things to boost my self-esteem. I like dressing nice and putting effort into my appearance which has helped me view myself in a better light.

When I was a kid I was a total tomboy and didn't care about taking the time on my appearance but when I started doing that it made me feel better. And I know this is cliche, but if you look in the mirror every day and tell yourself you're beautiful, it actually does help.

No one can make you feel like you're pretty, you can only do that for yourself. It may take time but just keep finding positives in yourself and don't focus on the negative things. Compliment YOURSELF, that's how you'll start getting a better self-image. Hope this helped:)

What Guys Said 3

• I think I'm ugly, I had horrible self esteem as a teenager, I've been getting better with it though. You just have to learn to be happy with yourself. You gotta realize people are complimenting you for a reason...chances are you're more attractive than you give yourself credit for! If there's something about yourself you don't like you can change it, like for me it was weight loss.

• You may want to consider talking to a therapist about your self-esteem issues. No one will love you until you love yourself.

• Stop making everything about looks and you'll go far.

What Girls Said 3

• I wish I had this problem, am so effin cocky its disgusting

• what was your question ?

• There wasn't anything about a question. I said any advice in my situation..

• just try to believe it and see how it makes you feel:) If you decide to be happy you will be.