Guys: how do you feel about your girlfriend or wife being taller than you with heels on?

This question is more targetted to younger males but it doesn't matter really just give me the most honest answer! I am currently happy with my relationship right now and there is nothing that I can complain about really. But I do worry about my boyfriend and my height difference. I'm like one 1/2 inch shorter than my boyfriend and I love wearing heels, I just feel that he will feel weird about me wearing heels. Do any of you guys feel weird if your girlfriend is taller than you with heels or do you actually like it? Should I wear heels or should I just wear flats all my life? I feel like the typical stereotype is for girls to be fragile while men are tall and masculine to protect the women. But I don't know I feel that if I was a guy I would be proud to have a tall girlfriend that looks like a super model. I have no idea lol

I'm just worried about him being uncomfortable with me. So guys how would you feel if your girlfriend was taller when wearing heels? It's not that I would prefer to have a tall guy, no, I don't care about his height I'm actually really insecure about mine because I don't want him to be uncomfortable with me. Especially wearig heels.
I knew I said 1/2 inch taller I meant one 1/2 inch taller. He's about 5'7 and I'm 5'5 1/2 lol sorry for the confusion. And another question for girls that are about as tall as their man, do you love wearing heels with them? Or do you just wear them on special occasions? Thanks for all these helpful answers!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really care for girls that are taller than me..I'm about 5'8-5'9..it feels a little weird standing side by side...I kind of like the tilt down head kiss, with like a finger under her chin, lmao. But I mean you're only one 1/2 inch shorter than him..I'm sure he is already use to it. Also..its not like you just tower over him. But I think a woman looks good in heels..and I wouldn't mind if the heels made her taller than me.

But we can give you our opinions it would never match his...everybody is different. He probably could care less...i guess you gotta ask him now, huh? A simple, "baby do you like these heels or these flats?" should do, lol

What Guys Said 20

• I wouldn't mind at all. I think that it is well archived ( at least) on GAG that most men don't think about height most of the time and that it is girls who bring up this subject and having strong preferences for certain heights. If wearing heels makes you happy your boy will understand

• It's like, what's the point? There are plenty of fancy shoes you can wear that don't elevate you, it just feels weird. I mean if my ex wore heels she'd still be shorter than me, but I don't like the change and difference.

Aren't they just uncomfortable and make it difficult to walk/run/dance/etc anyway? Just don't wear em.

That's how I feel.

• I don't care of a girl is taller than me. However girls have a strong preference for men taller than them, therefore I am less likely to waste time pursuing a taller girl. Even if she's just a tad shorter, it's a no-go for the very reason you asked this question. There's the heel dilemma. This dilemma is female driven as any man can see that heels are superficial.

• Personally I LOVE it. Actually I love the idea of a girl's natural height being taller than mine AND her wearing heels on top of that. I don't know why but I think it's really cool, it's rare though because I'm 6'0", so not many girls over 6'0". :( But I'm still a big burly masculine guy (I work out with heavy weights and have a martial arts background and have a fairly dangerous job), so I'd still see myself as the protector, but something about the whole Boris and Natasha dynamic just really seems like something that's perfect for me.

• It just takes a few minutes to adjust in leading her into underarm dance turns.

Older guys - wear hats

Other guys wear lifts

• It doesn't matter, I am 5.9 and the girl I am trying to date is 5.7 thus with heels she is about my height or a bit higher, and it doesn't bother me, personality is far more important to me. But she wore them once and doesn't wear them now, I guess that it bothers her as well, who knows.

• It doesn't bother me at all because she's my girlfriend...well ex now. Height shouldn't and doesn't make a difference. I don't think heels are necessary at all any time. I know girls say they make their butt look good, but are you trying to impress someone? There's no need to impress your boyfriend because he should accept you for you, heels or not.

• If the guy isn't insecure in his masculinity he won't give a damn. You should ask him what he feels however. As for how I feel? I could care less...I once dated a gal who was 6'4" and dealt with harassment by men all the time, when she got shy about it I told her to never worry about it, she was beautiful just as she was, and in the end, we were the same height when horizontal.

• it really shouldn't matter to either of you. personally, if I'm dating someone, why would I dislike her for being taller than me in heels. that is silly! that being said, I am 6 feet 2 inches tall, so most girls even in heels aren't taller than me. but even if a tall girl wore heels, I wouldn't let her towering over me get in the way of a potential relationship.

• If she was taller only in heels, then I wouldn't think anything of it. If she was already taller than me, I admit I'd find that a little weird though it's never been a deal breaker. I'm 6'2" so not many girls even with heels are taller than me.

• My most recent ex was slightly taller than me with heels on and it didn't bother either of us. :)

• wouldnt care as long as she remembers whos bed she's coming home to at the end of the night

• my wife is 1 inch shorter, and I love when she wears heel. she looks so beautiful that I still feel crazy for her even after 9 years of marriage...

• lol luckily for me its hard to find someone that tall but I'd hate it! I hate it if the person I'm dating comes up to my eye level with heels on xD!

• I don't feel it, hence I'm always taller, no matter what.

• If he does mind, then there is a problem lol

• I'm 5'10" and my girlfriend is 3" shorter...she wears 4-5" heels pretty frequently and it doesn't bother me. I like the way that she looks.

• It wouldn't bother me

• I don't mind

• Girls put more of an emphasis on height than guys do. Usually if guys do, it's reactionary.

I'd be okay with it. I think you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 5

• I agree with your last sentence he should feel proud lol. You should rock heels anyway especially if it makes you feel comfortable. He's your boyfriend and it shouldn't matter he should feel just as happy and comfortable that you're wearing heels as well. I wear heels often to just because I don't like feeling shorter than everyone else, so there's like stilts I pull out and wear sometime. One of my guy friends at the time like kind of pushed me a bit, more of nudged me away a little bit. I asked why he was like I don't know just cause you're taller than me right now lol.

• I worry about that too, I asked my boyfriend and he doesn't mind at all. He says that high heels make me look really sexy :) Of course everyone is different, but he has no problem.

• being 5"4 I have never had this problem, but I could imagine it would be a little weird.. I guess it depends how much he cares what others think:)

• Just wear heels and be confident about it. If he sees that you don't think it's a big deal, he won't think it's a big deal either. And honestly it's not. Height difference means so little in comparison to many more important things.

• Average to tall guys seem to dislike it (5'9+) Shorter guys (>5'7) seem to seek it out.