Do you think I will look childish in my one piece swim suit?

My mother all of a sudden won't let me wear bikinis, and I'm going to the beach with my boyfriend, so I have to wear my one piece. Do you think he'll think I look childish because I'm not in a bikini? Do you think it's pathetic that my mom won't let me wear a bikini at age 16? It's not like I can do anything about it, but I'm just curious what he'll think.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think he'll mind. Just make sure to get one that doesn't have Dora the Explorer on it.

What Guys Said 4

• There are many very nice one piece swimsuits as well. No he wouln't think you're childish, he will still like you in one piece swimsuits.

link

• I think that you'll probably look fine in a one piece. While I think your mom might be a little unfair enforcing this, I don't think it's completely unreasonable.

• link Go for the 1910's look.

• I guess your mom is just old fashioned. When I was younger my mom always insisted my sisters and their friends wore one piece suits even though we had a pool in our back yard which is surrounded by trees so no one can see in. Funny thing was, I was never even given a bathing suit at all and was told to just swim naked.

He won't mind, just get a nice one piece.

What Girls Said 4

• If he truly loves you he won't mind.

If he does then he's not the right one for you.

However I do think you need to talk to your mom.

Explain to her how you feel about this and that you'd really like to be able to pick your own clothes.

After all, you control your own body, not anyone else.

If wearing a bikini will get you male attention, then that doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to f*** all of them.

It's not pathetic, just that she's protective and that she most likely doesn't understand you'll feel embarrassed.

• There are some very beautiful one pieces.. I would only wear them if they would just fit me XD

He won't mind, if something like that bothers him.. then he isn't around you for good reasons..

• I think you'll be fine. Just have fun, and your boyfriend will understand.

• no its fine.