I need help with mixed curly hair

I am mixed, have thick curly hair it's pretty long when it's straight almost mid back. I don't like to straighten it much because I want to keep it healthy and grow it out long. It's frizzy, big, and is only a little past shoulders when curly. I don't know how to control it besides getting it wet and putting a ton of conditioner on it every day, which I know can't be good(plus goes through conditioner fast). I know there must be a easier way. Also I'm on a journey to find products that define my curls, don't make them hard or crunchy,

and smell good. Please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend looking into the product lines Shea Moisture or Carols Daughter

You need to style & moisturize then seal. You could try the curl enhancing smoothie

I'm biracial and have curly hair as well...

Personally, I use sulfate free/petrochemical free shampoos & conditioners and I use natural oils like avocado oil or coconut oil to seal.

What Guys Said 3

• Let it grow just a little longer, so it gets curly, and then see if it can be styled to stay in place, more or less, around your head. Sure it will always look a little disheveled, but it should be consistently that way and not totally out of control.

That disheveled look has a great appeal for most of us guys!

• Hmm yeah my boyfriend seems to like it a lot ;) :) it's just annoying to me sonetimes.

• Mine's not that bad but it takes a lot of work and dedication lol

• I can imagine!

• frizz-ease

link

also available at quite a few retail stores, it should help define your curls without adding a lot of chemicals. There are quite a few similar products out there.

• ?

link

What Girls Said 1

• try coconut milk.