Do you think people who have been "Bulled", pick-on others?

If they where obsessed, too skinny, to ugly, to smart, to not so smart, or whatever the case maybe, grow-up and change their looks, seem to pick on other people that look like the people in their past that hurt, picked on them, bulled them? Or look for those people who hurt them to show off? Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think many bullies probably have been picked on or suffered some sort of abuse (physically or emotionally) either in their family life or in dealings with other people.

however bullying can often come from a desire to fit in and often a good way to fit into a group is to pick out someone else to make fun of

What Guys Said 4

• maybe some do, but not all. I was bullied when I was 10-11 years old and I've never felt the urge to bully or be violent to anyone. the only time I'll ever use violence is in self defense, that's how the bullying stopped in the first place. I stood up for myself and found that my bully was just an oversized p**** more than anything.

• I say some do but probably not the majority of them...from what I've seen most that are bullied usually don't turn into bullies, but may become more abrasive and dbag like when they remedy whatever they were bullied about (lost weight, got better looking, doesn't wear glasses anymore, got financially successful and wears better clothes, etc.)

• Thanks. True. But I didn't, I felt pity for them and try to understand. I really don't care what they did to me then. The only thing I think about is how proud I am of myself for not letting them make me do stuff! Even if they did hit me once or twice, cause I ran home, lol, they couldn't take my lunch, money or nothing, or make me do stuff!

• depends on their mindset. Some bully victims don't, some do. I was bullied by my cousins as as child. It made me hard, yes, but I never picked on people I considered to be nice to me. I often got into it with other bullies.

As an adult, I don't, but I am not the person to trifle with. lol.

• Thanks, I was bulled also, but I'm kind of a bully rescuer, if that make sense!

• i think so.

Humans aren't always fair-minded. sometimes it's about revenge, or in other instances it's about paying others back for the hurt they caused them.

• Thanks, for your comment, but the only thing about that is most of the bullies that bullied that I know had hard lives, drugs, fighting , died or in jail. (Which true could happen to anyone), But at some point you have to grow-up! and you could end up having a life just like that!

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes...however I was bullied in the extreme through Jr high and most if high school and because of this I have always taken great care in how I treat others. Also my 17 year old daughter is beautiful and popular so I carefully watched her and instilled kindness in her so she wouldn't become one of those mean girls! Some people do the opposite of what was done to them where others learn to do what they know is wrong because its all they know or the need for acceptance is too great.

• Thanks. I'm glad to hear your watching you daughter, because it didn't even cross my mind that my kids would bully others, because me and their dad was bullied, and now since they are grown they tell me they use to bully people! I couldn't believe it! But they are paying some of the price for that!

• I'm sure it happens. Probably because their self-esteem is damaged from the previous bullying they received. Most bullies are mean to other people because they feel insecure about themselves.

• Thanks. True some people do! So sorry bullies feel they have to hurt others to make their selves feel good! But does it really?

• depends on the individual

• Some do, some don't.

It's like when someone is raped or molested... they often take one of two roads as a result. One road, they become promiscuous. The other, they become completely prude.

Same with bullying... some take the road of bullying others so they can feel in control again, and others aren't even capable of bullying others.

I was bullied, still am. I could never bully someone, I just don't have it in me.

• Thanks. That's so good you have that attitude, Stand your ground, people are always trying to mess with people who are not like them, or let them run them, so sad! If it gets dangerous, tell someone. I just feel sorry for the bully. Like I've said "what goes around comes back to you, even worse then they did to others!