To what extent do guys notice what girls wear?

What does a girl have to be wearing in order for you guys to notice it? Do you notice ridiculous girls? Do you notice elegant, classy girls? Is there some things girls do regarding fashion that guys think is just stupid? Do you guys think that a girl who cares a lot about fashion and being perfect is selfish and superficial?

I am a firm believer that girls try so hard to look good only thinking about other girls. If we started thinking about what guys want, we would all wear tights and revealing shirts. I´m just wondering to what extent do guys notice this sort of thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Women look good in dresses to me. Long, medium, short, tight, loose fitting ...doesn't matter you all look good wearing them. I'm my opinion, There's some limits on the topic. It be nice if you could dress nicer than most people shopping at my local Walmart lol. You know, don't look like you just rolled out of bed. Only exception being that you're going to Walmart of course.

Dress in what ever you want but I'm only putting up with an 1-1:30 hr "get ready time" if were going out. If you need anymore time than that we'd better be going to a wedding or clubbing in Vegas. Seriously, most guys don't really care. We'd still hit on you if you wore a McDonald's uniform everyday of your life yet didn't work at the place.

What Guys Said 13

• We look at the overall impression. We do not see details.

We see personality. We do not see items of clothings.

We see how well the clothes fit the person, or the personality. We do not see brand, price, nor do we know what any of the items of clothing is called, beyond the generic name designating the part of body the clothing goes on to.

so, all in all you are telling a lot about who you are with what you're wearing. And us guys we notice that. But we're not noticing the things you think you're telling. We're looking at the pattern of things. How good your skirt or trousers fit your figure and style of movement.

Of course we notice how much skin you're showing, but that is also just a part of the whole picture telling who you are, who you want to be and who you think you are.

• Guys notice the bigger stuff, but we generally don't notice the little details.

Example: we'll notice if you're wearing a dress, skirt, or pants, and we'll notice if your clothes look good and fit you well or not, and we'll notice if they are conservative or outgoing, if they're relatively fashionable or not, that that kind of thing.

In general, we couldn't describe the clothing style, the type of shoes (beyond heels, flats, or sneakers), your accessories, or any of that. Often, we're paying more attention to the body you are hiding underneath those clothes more than the clothes themselves, but we usually can tell if the clothes are making you look good or not. We may not know exactly WHY an outfit works or doesn't, but we "know it when we see it."

Your theory is absolutely correct, though: other women are going to be MUCH harsher critics of you than nearly any guy ever will be. For many guys, a girl in sweats and a T-shirt can still be hot and attractive, while a girl will roast another girl alive for stepping foot outside wearing such an outfit. That's something we guys really don't understand, but generally try to avoid getting caught up in, because us getting involved in these "girl fights" is a losing proposition for the guy no matter what happens.

• It's certainly true that guys don't really care about fashion the way girls do.

You can be wearing a fashion that's 5 years out of date, or one that's very current, and guys won't care. So in that sense, what you say about girls trying hard to impress other girls is very true, because if girls only wanted to impress guys, they wouldn't care at all about fashion trends.

Yes, obsessing over this stuff does seem superficial to us, although we usually don't care too much about that either so long as you're not purely superficial.

However, it's not true that we have no standards. In particular, how guys want girls to dress is usually not the same as what turns a guy on.

If a girl dresses trampy, we'll take notice, but that's not necessarily a good thing. I mean, girls could just as easily walk around naked to get our attention. But generally if we think you're trying too hard to get our attention, that's not a good thing.

It varies between individual guys where they think the lines between classy, sexy and trashy are drawn. Some guys don't care at all how you dress, and other guys really do.

Here's the thing...it almost never hurts to dress more modestly. This will give you the broadest appeal to the most guys, because at the end of the day, the guys who this matters to will take notice. For the guys who don't care, I don't think it will hurt because no guy has ever rejected a girl for dressing too modestly. If a guy finds you pretty, he will generally find you pretty no matter what you're wearing. Also, guys do have imaginations.

Dressing modestly means functional and conservative clothes that is appropriate for where you're going and also still fits well (not too tight, not too loose). Minimal to no jewelry bling, and no obvious make-up. Shoes that don't look ridiculous either, preferably also functional without looking cheap or ugly. Then, give the whole outfit a touch of your own style so you don't look like every other girl or the store mannequin (which probably won't be too much of a problem if you're dressing modestly).

• i'll notice what she is wearing but wouldn't know what brands or prices of the clothes if that's what your wondering , girls do dress to compete with other girls a lot of the time not to just please guys or yeah they'd just wear revealing clothes

• I'll observe, but due to women bitching about being "sex objects " and "sexual harassment"

dont count on me to give out compliments

if you dress sexy, I may notice, but I won't let you know I noticed, not feeding any woman's ego. it ain't worth my job

• You don't have to show a lot of skin for a guy to be attracted to you. I tend to like girls that dress very feminine but not like a little girl such as something from a store like Talbots or even Kohls for that matter. Sundresses are gorgeous and eye catching on women and also Maxi dresses because of the way they show the curves of girls.

• I notice right away without even thinking about it. All guys are different but I like girls that dress professionally. Also it is possible for a girl to care too much about fashion. Its better to not walk around looking like a vouge magazine gone wrong.

• I notice most clothes, especially if new, or revealing(of sexuality, not skin.)

Don't expect me to know who designed it.

• I am pretty observant. If a girl's wearing something really classy or fancy, I'll notice. Though, I won't lie. A pair of booty shorts on a tight booty will get my attention about a mile away.

• Not in great detail but "good" "plain" "sexy" "tailored", "classy" in general.

• Guys notice if girls are wearing conservative, classy, or slutty things. Nothing else, it's just like "she's dressed slutty/classy/conservative." That's it.

• I definitely notice, but not in the way a girl might expect. For instance, I don't like the so called 'classy look'. It looks boring and pretentious and I would honestly never even bother to talk to a girl who was all done up in designer clothes/ make-up/heels etc. It really is not attractive to me at all.

I personally notice shoes a lot, and really love it when a girl wears flip flops. They show that she is chilled out and has not been fooled by fashion magazines.

As for tights, I don't know any guys who like tights. They actually look tacky and ugly.

• While I agree with you that you ladies tend to dress far more for women than for men, I don't think wearing more tights and revealing shirts is going to help you with most men.

Most men like attractive, not trashy.

What Girls Said 1

• They only notice when it's really good or really bad, same with bodies.