He doesn't care at all about his looks.

I mean not even a teeny tiny bit! He basically never shaves unless there's an important event or a function. Never makes an effort to dress up. Usually wears loose jeans and a shirt. Never irons it. Sometimes wears the same clothes for a couple of days. Does not comb his hair.

But I still love him a lot... should I try to change him a bit or just let him be this way?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• This is obviously something that bothers you and believe it or not something like this can destroy the relationship in the end. I would talk to him about it.. make compliments when he makes an effort... tell him how irresistible he looks... jump on him kiss him... maybe he'll get the point...

take him out when he is dressed nice and make it like all the girls are looking at him.. say "why the hell does that BITCH keep starring at you" "I'LL RIP HER HEAD OFF!" Then before he looks for her pull him close and kiss him... that will probably work

of course never do this when he dresses sloppy...

if in the end he continues to wear loose clothes and not iron... I'm afraid he is who he is and you won't be able to change him.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• He's gotten very comfortable with you a to a point where he doesn't care about his appearance. This usually happens when someone has gotten a boyfriend/girlfriend and they don't feel the need to compete and keep up with appearance anymore.

Tell him that you miss the way he dresses up, the proper grooming, and everything else. Entice him to want to do those things. Otherwise he will stay so reserved he'll never do anything.

• make it about you. dude your repping me when you step out and I'm a quality girl with a quality guy so make a f***in effort. buy him some good aftershave[but not too good of course] and tell him which colors look good on him. aftershave shopping is fun. go clothes shopping together and rate his choices. have fun with that sh*t, your trying to generate an interest not force a change. if he gets silly its more like I know yor secure enough to try different things not why can't you ever do anything for me. god you look sexy in that is agood way to swing any man. go shopping together. get him a razor thatl leave him with man stubble. ask him what his style is. make that part about him. he's probably f***in clueless. youl get him with the carrot of yu look hot in that. not the stick of I don't like. I remember one girl told me she didn't likemen in shoes and I spent the whole summer in shoes. twat - I was. I should have just told her I was going barefoot.

• What aspects of him do you find attractive ?

• Give him a bath and baby talk him as if he were a dog. he might get a kick out of it and you can make him look however you want.

Shaving is quite annoying though. Wax him.

What Girls Said 4

• He should spend a week in the military...that would straighten him up lol.

Never, every try to change someone. Love them for who they truly are, or move on with your life. But you'll never be satisfied with anyone until you learn to just love their flaws. Focus on the things you love about him, not the things you don't like.

• maybe drop a hing with men fashion magazines at his place. or just tell him politely. I'm sure he should understand that it means a lot to you that he looked at least presentable

• He sounds ... kinda scrubby. I'd be embarrassed to go out with him in public. The thing is, people are judged by how they present themselves, and not only is he giving himself a bad image by not caring about how he looks, he's giving you a bad image too--you're guilty by association pretty much. Tell him to clean himself up and show that he has some self-respect. He doesn't have to look like a model, but he should be presentable enough that you would be proud to say, "Yeah, that's *my* guy." If anything, you could buy him a shirt or outfit for his birthday and say, "Hey, we're going out tonight. Wear that ______ shirt I got you. I like how it looks on you." Flattery's the key here ... Compliment him when he does start to improve on his appearance, and he might be willing to do a little bit more.

• Disgusting! So you must be in it entirely for the personality. Anyway, tell him straight up that his lack of hygiene is starting to make you a little disgusted, and refuse to give him any kind of affection until he starts to shape up.Make sure he knows you still love him. And if he tries to pull the, "My looks shouldn't matter" sh*t, be like, "Looks and hygiene are totally different...hygiene matters to everyone, baby-- mostimp. If he loves you, he'll take this seriously...