Is a girl being tall a major turn off?

I'm really tall (6ft) and I think that my height is the main reason why I have no success with guys. Is being tall considered bad to guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think this whole about height is stupid to be honest. I'll just tell you now that a lot of men want a women who is shorter than them. And it is about the man as well for a girl who is 5'5" is considered tall to some men whilst short to others.

I personally don't find being tall a turn-off otherwise every female supermodel would turn me off XD being they are like 6ft and taller. I look primarily at the face when judging looks and beauty (not others though for I am an the low minority).

I also think that those who consider taller women a turn-off are really insecure of themselves to think that they should be intimidated by such a thing. Men who strive for shorter women want to fit into a profile which is deemed socially acceptable to society.

Lastly, never make height an issue for yourself when dating, the more you worry about and bring it up, the more men would notice this insecurity and then use it as a reason to reject you. You have to a bit confident with what you have because what you have is all you have to offer.

What Guys Said 11

• A significant portion of men prefer girls to be shorter then they are. Of course, 1/3 of those men are taller then you any way. So all in all, it may cut the dating pool in half. Some of those half -like- tall girls. Use your advantages - you probably have great legs, and no matter whether guys think they like tall or short girls, they will notice you in a crowd.

I'll also say that you should let your past go. At 19, it shouldn't be too bad, but when you were 15. 16 your height was probably much more of an issue, because guys your age hadn't finished growing yet. At 19, plenty of guys are taller then you - but only recently so.

• No but guys notice that girls only tend to go for guys taller than them so they may think you won't be interested.

• No it isn't bad.. but guys will think that YOU aren't interested in THEM .. you get me ? Basically shorter guys will think you automatically excluded them. So spread the rumour that you like guys of all sizes and they will have the courage to make advances.

• You can blame the women for that.Too many of them are looking for a man 7" taller than themselves,so a lot of men now think they haven't got a chance with a tall woman.Maybe they think tall men are tougher,smarter,stronger,more reliable,or more likely to have a bigger d*** etc;none of which are true.

You might just have to show these men that you're interested and they have a chance.

There's more demand for tall women than there ever will be for shorter men.

It actually works out well to be with a taller woman.You can do things in bed that aren't so easy if the height is the other way around.Tell them the great Australian bloke told you so,and it's dead true.

Don't be dis-heartened.Just smile and you'll look sexy,but you have to smile at them.Not all men are intimidated by tall women.

• I generally like tall girls, though I don't like them taller than me. I'm 6'2" so you'd be just fine for me.

• I actually find tall girls very hot and attractive, I swear and I'm only 5'7

• definitely not a turn off at least for me

• I usually like shorter girls, just my preference.

• Definitely not a turn off. I'm 6 3' myself, and my girlfriend is 5 11, so she's perfect for me. I personally prefer tall girls to shorter ones.

• Not for me. I like tall girls. Some guys don't though. I really think girls care more about height than guys do.

• I think part of the problem is that guys, including myself, think that women don't want to date anyone shorter than them, so if a girl is taller, they don't even bother with it. In most cases, I believe they are right. Some guys do take height into account as well.

What Girls Said 3

• I am short and always thought guys would not like my height.

• If you're taller then the guy ya

• I think typically guys like having a gal that is shorter than them, and gals like having a guy that is taller than them . . . It's about feeling masculine/feminine when with your partner. You are taller than the average height of males, so your dating pool is going to shrink a bit right there. Still plenty of guys out there that will like your height. I'd consider this one more of a blessing than anything, I'd much rather be tall than short! The only downside with super long sexy legs is having to buy extended length jeans, and I'll take it :) I love my long legs, not as tall as you but relatively tall and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Embrace it!