Do guys like it when girls wear heels?

I don't wear heels very often because I find it hard to walk properly in them. But when I've worn them in front of the mirror they make me look more mature, and since I'm pretty short they make my legs look longer and slimmer too. My older sister wears heels quite a lot and guys notice her. One guy I was talking to even said, 'Your sister looks taller today. Is it the heels?'. I don't really get noticed by guys so I want to start wearing them too, but if I plan to wear them I chicken out of it because I'm scared of falling over and embarrassing myself. But then I have a knee problem and can dislocate my knee even by simply walking down the stairs in flat shoes/bare feet, so it may possibly be even worse with heels. Do guys like it when girls wear heels? And how can I wear heels with confidence and without hurting myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• Heels almost always look sexy on girls. Taller, longer and slimmer legs, butt sticks out more, chest sticks out more, and just look more mature. You shouldn't wear them everyday. Give your legs a break or you will have constant pain after a while. Walking up and down the stairs can be hard, but practice makes perfect. Walk around your house in heels for a little bit to get used to the feeling. Walk up and down the stairs to get used to it. Finally, go out into the public in them. You will be fine.

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, women look better in heels.

No, you shouldn't obsessively where them all the time.

No, your life isn't over if you rarely wear them because you have a knee problem.

• thanks for answering :) I don't mean wear them all the time, but just wear them more than usual

• "she looks taller is it the heels?" the guy sounds retarded just saying. but besides that, I don't really care, sure they can look nice, the legs and all. but I prefer to actually do stuff like go to beach, or go in woods and what not, and heels aren't really conducive to that so...

• lool haha, yeah it was pretty obvious that it was the heels making her taller! Yeah true, heels aren't good for doing all that stuff, but I almost feel like guys don't see me because of my height so it would be nice if they noticed xx

• heels definitely CAN make a girl hotter but if she's constantly complaining about how her feet hurt and can't walk properly its a huge turn off,...

b4 you start wearing heels practice walking...then practicing walking down stairs... then practice walking with a book on your head... then practice walking down stairs with a book on your head

wen I went to a prep school in NZ I used to see girls practicing to be women and learning manners this was one of the things they did...you can still wear heels but just practice at home...and you'll eventually be better than your sister...also don't start off with 4 inch stilettos work your way up...

• Not a fan. I prefer seeing girls in sneakers.

• I like the look of heels on women...they to me are a symbol of femininity, so that's Probably why I have a fetish for them! 8-)

• Yes, heels are very sexy. As for your second question, I don't know I don't wear them so I can't really answer :P.

• absolutely! a woman in heels gets my attention in a New York second!

The confidence piece builds by beginning with a lower heel, practicing at home, wearing them out and building up to a higher heel.

You won't be disappointed! :))

• No, not sure why, just reminds me of some old fat slutty p*rn star.

• I love it when girls wear heels, as long as they can pull it off. Not all the time, for all occasions, but it can be very sexy. Try practicing at home maybe?

• Yes absolutely! I love them on a hot girl. but no platform pumps. hose are great to. I love to watch a girl step on a cigarette or other things.

• practice makes perfect

What Girls Said 9

• Sweetie, heels are the way to go! I'm short like you, only 5'2", and thankfully love high heels, so I live in them. I do appreciate your nervousness about them, but it just takes some getting used to. Don't start out with skyscraper shoes. Try something modest like a basic pair of 3" pumps, and just practice around your house for a couple of hours every day. Once you've mastered them, then move on to something taller, or strappier, which have less support, so have some experience before moving to something like that.

• guys do like it. they don't mind if you don't wear it but its nice when you do. as for hurting yourself.. I'm notsure if you have flat feet or something but there are arch insert for heels :/ walk around the house with heels instead of slippers next time too! for practice :/

• thanks for answering. Yeah I actually do have flat feet, good guess! :)

• same here man! I feel your pain!both foot and knee :( I always get sharp pains in ankle while running or jumping ha ha and then I have a teeny bit knock knee so it gives up on me when its tired. it helps to work out the leg muscles so it doesn't dislocate or give up as easy.

• I like heeled boots, they can really compliment a look. I get noticed enough without heels though, so I don't like drawing attention to myself anymore than is needed, so I don't wear them much.

• I like to wear high heels and high heel sandals with dresses you look sexier that way. Even with some nice jeans you could wear some nice high heels and you'll also look very sexy. Lol

• Oh, shiiiiit! Well hun, if wearing heels is going to discolate your knee then you might just need to let that fashion goody go! There are tons of really cute, flat shoes or wedge shoes or shoes with a baby heel that look just as great! Plus, many different outfits are more complimented without heels.

Anyhow, I used to wear heels a lot. Then it seemed like all the guys taking interest in me were short lol so I stopped. Now I just haven't bought any because I've had a sneakersandalboot fettish <3 I think I'm gonna start wearing heels more though now that I have a boyfriend who is 6'4, I might as well take advantage of that lol I think some guys like it because it can make your legs look longer and more defined which is sexy!

Rule of thumb when wearing heels: Work the heels, don't let the heels work you!

• My fiance thinks I look good in either. He likes me in strappy sandals too. I feel sexy in either. You can look good in anything so long as you feel good about yourself

• Yes they do like them.

• Yes guys like it. You can wear chunky heels. That's the kind I wear. I don't like the skinny heels because they might break.

• yes, most guys love it. if you have medical prob. I suggest you not to wear them. some guys are happy for who you are.

i am short and I learned to wear them with time and practice. I started out with 1or 2 inches. I can easily wear 3 or 4 inches walking around or for work. I do feel better and sexier and hahaah "taller"

you should speak to your doctor.