Do guys care about looks on us as much as we do?

Most girls are obsessed with makeup and want to look beautiful, so I'm wondering if guys care if the girl is cute, pretty, hot, or sexy as much as we do?

Most Helpful Guy

• We do, but since we don't have the luxury of being picky, we tend to rate our success with a woman based on the likeliness a woman will be able to accept the way we look -rather than choose what we actually like, you know, unless we look stereo-typically super mega handsome.

For example there's no way I'm going up to the most beautiful girl sitting on a bench, why? She's what I call "stuck-up hot" where there's no point in even trying because she gets hit on all the time, has heard every line, seen every approach, and isn't interested in someone who stopped by just for the purpose of showing interest. -No point in being friends either, you end up a tool.

I would much rather approach a more modest girl. -A shy one even, someone without the shield of their own beauty blocking intelligent conversation and new events. Hell. I'd rather they'd approach me, but we all know most women aspect men to do all the hard work.

Anyway, I certainly care. -But for a man of my caliber, someone who's best trait is his mind rather than his looks, because the world is cruel, I don't get the opportunity for it to matter very much.

• Can't say I agree. Regardless of how you look you need to dump the lines, screw the approach and just say "Hi." Ask her if she'd like to get a bagel while the two of you get to know each other better. Be upfront and honest and she'll appreciate it -- and if she's single, she'll probably take you up on it. If she doesn't, move onto the next bench.

With regards to looks, many women (no matter their level of beauty) are willing to overlook or accept far more than you'd think if they like you.

• I wasn't implying I use lines, I was saying they've heard them all, thusly it's like they're looking for you to use one. -Putting up that shield that stops them from having an engaging conversation that could start something one way or the other.

What Guys Said 17

• I love how guys aren't even bothering to read the question.

Yes, guys are "visual" creatures. We put a lot of importance on the appearance of women when it comes to attraction. Guys care about looks, but our views are mostly limited to 'attractive' or 'unnatractive'. We don't notice some of the small details you girls obsess about, ie; nail polish, split ends etc

• Yea guys care about looks. We got girls on here that complain that many guys only care about looks and sex. Ask any overweight girl if lots of guys are into her and she will complain about how thin girls always get the attention. Many overweight women are envious of hot girls.

Most guys don't care about what goes into the look though like makeup and all that. Some may say a girl wears too much though if the makeup itself is way too noticeable to the point where she looks like a painted picture. Blue eyeshadow comes to mind. Guys don't like it though when girls obsess over little details that we don't notice. Like when girls take 3 hours to get ready for a dinner then spend another 30minutes at the dinner in the bathroom fixing something that nobody even notices.

• I definitely care about looks but no where near as complicated as women make it out to be. When I say looks are important, I don't mean I want a supermodel of a woman. I want a girl that I find physifally attractive, which usually involves little to no make up. I hate make up on women, as minimal as possible is best. Also, attraction to me isn't hot or sexy. If I'm attracted to a girl, I find her pretty or beautiful or cute. To me, hot an sexy are fleeting, or they just embody an erotic desire rather than an heartfelt attraction.

• I can guarantee that guys don't care as much about those particular things.

Mostly what guys pick up on are the body and the face. And then the clearness of skin.

How you match your colors, follow trends, apply your eyeliner, etc.: That's something you're probably doing more to impress other girls than men.

• Definitely agree with TheGoodTheBadTheHOT. Physical build plays probably 90 percent into how we view women as attractive or unattractive. Makeup and whatnot can help, it can also hurt. But usually it doesn't help nearly as much as girls believe it to.

• what do you mean by physical build? like their bodytypes? And what do you mean by TheGoodTheBadTheHot?

• TheGoodTheBadTheHOT is the username of the guy about 3 answers down. And yes physical build means, body type, facial features, hair color, eye color, height, weight, ect. Basically things you are born with and mostly cannot change.

• sure we care, but I will definitely say that I think girls try way too hard. I work at a pool and I work as and with other swimming instructors just let me say that if the girls wore makeup they would be pulling their eyes out because it would run down their faces, go into heir eyes and look like a mess. so many girls do not wear makeup to work. they look just as good if not better than with the makeup. makeup is just a thing girls get into at a young age because they see mommy do it and they want to be like mommy. so they grow up thinking that makeup is what girls have to have, besides that, I think that girls LOVE to do themselves up. They take pride in it, they paint their nails they pull their eyebrows out (which is not such a bad thing because eye brows can look weird sometimes) they put lipstick on with different shades, they put makeup on each other at sleepover and do their hair together and put on dresses and color their hair and wax

• We care a lot, but are more 'big picture' about it then women are.

• Most guys do care, but most guys care WAY more about the overall look than the work involved in looking good.

I am one of the minority of guys that fully understands and appreciates the efforts girls put into their looks to look good. :)

• I agree with TheGoodTheBadTheHOT. Guys really are visual creatures, so looks do matter to us, generally speaking. What you should focus on though is just looking tidy and clean. Not sketchy and all over the place. Don't allow the quest to be maximally beautiful dominate your life, because that can quickly become a turn off

• I can't be picky only because I just can't be and tried so hard to get the lower ranked women and failed so know I'm only looking for the very best.

• It's basically the only thing that matters.

• i do but some people may say I'm metro...soooo probably not the NORMAL guy...

• For me thats the less thing i can see of a girl, first is herself and than her looks

• It depends on the guy, every guy is different. For me personally, if someone has a bad personality looks don't matter, but if someone is just average if they have great personality looks don't matter much. Yes everyone will say that but barely any truly believe it. But physical attraction is necessary for romance

• to me, it's mostly about personality. they don't have to be the most beautiful or pretty, but they have to be kind and nice. however, i do like cute girls as well

• no women want model looking perfection guys ,while guys have preferences

• No. I take a 4 minute shower. Dry off, brush my teeth and dress. Also I don't base everything on how someone looks, what they wear, how many friends they have, or how much money they've got. I think women and men differ a lot in that department.

What Girls Said 4

• They care a lot, but they never pay attention to the details. They look at the whole image. So a girl is hot, whether her hair is a little fuzzy that day or not. And an ugly girl is ugly, no matter how much effort she puts into her look, unless it's fixable with make-up.

• I'd say they care a lot.

• of course they do , they are visual.

• They care way more than they should.