I can't get over my height and it's stopping me from dating

How do you get over height issues with girls?I've only had one girlfriend. She was 5'6 and I am 5'9. We broke up over amicable issues like distance, diff colleges etc. She mentioned my height negatively a few times and I never really got over it. When she wore heels she was taller than me unless I wore dress shoes that made me taller.

Now any girl I talk to, even those I'm close friends, I always have this in the back of my mind. I'm still a virgin mainly because I have too many body hangups. I'm 20 so prob not getting taller (hopefully I'm wrong), and would like to know how to get over this fear.

It's really stopping me from finding another girl to like,love, and hopefully one day make love with if I'm ever comfortable enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• whaaaat? 5'9 isn't even short,and who even cares

• I used to think I was an OK height, until my ex brought it up. Then I started seeing a lot of guys 3,4,5 inches taller than me, who were chosen over me a lot when we competed for the same girl.

Where I live at my college, I'm at the lower end of average for guys, and it seems to be an issue with a lot of girls I talk to. They don't seem to take me for any more masculine than a taller guy, which puts me at a big disadvantage

• it probably isn't the reason,you're not even short,your ex is just trying to hurt you

What Girls Said 4

• 5'9" is a good height! If a girl is taller than you when she wears heels, its very easy to spot so (sensible) people wouldn't just assume your short. The fact your ex complained about your height just shows she was picking holes in anything she could think and to me comes across a bit shallow.

You just need to learn to love yourself as you are. There's nothing wrong with your height at all.

• 5'9 is tree status. I'm 5'1. with heels, I get to 5'4ish. don't let your height stop from dating! you're insanely tall to us shorties lol.

• A lot of girls who were 5'4 and under rejected me and went for dudes who were 5'11 and up. So I just think being tall is something preferred, which sucks not to be it.

• You just gotta force yourself to get over it or at least not let it hold you back. My boyfriend is shorter than you, 5'6", and I personally really like his height. I don't have to strain my neck to kiss him :)

• 5'9" isn't short!

What Guys Said 2

• Bro, I'm 5'11'' and the last girl I dated was taller then me... You seem like a nice guy, do you really want your first time to be with someone who is shallow enough to have hang ups about physical features? You gotta do you. Being comfortable in your own skin and having confidence will make you more attractive to girls. Do something good FOR yourself and you'll feel good ABOUT yourself.

• Like do what good? Usually nowadays I'm always at the gym trying to make up for the height thing since its the summer. College in the fall again

• Being healthy is a great way to build self esteem, it also boosts endorphins that help with depression and all sorts of things. What I was talking about was, good for the soul (I'm not religious). Go volunteer somewhere like a soup kitchen or a retirement home.

I was in a huge funk when I was in my early 20's, horrible depression, girl problems etc etc. A very close friend of mine saw this and took me to volunteer at a soup kitchen and it changed my life. Do good and you'll feel good.

• Seeing people in need and being able to help them even in the slightest made my problems seem so insignificant. I was helping people! Try it out, I know you're in school and it's hard to find time but maybe there is something you can do on campus.

• Im 5'9 and I've literally never thought about in terms of dating. This website is the first time in forty years I've ever seen a guy pay so much attention to something so stupid.

• A lot of girls I've talked to told me I wasn't tall enough for it. Otherwise I hadn't thought of it before.