This guy wouldn't look at or talk to me?

There is a guy I used to sit with along with two other girls back in high school. He would never look at me or make conversation. If I said something to him he would reply, but he would keep the answer short and speak low.This continued on the whole school year. I was not friends with him, but the other girls I sat with were and he would talk to/look at them normally. It really hurt my feeling up to the point of making me want to cry. What was the reason for him doing this? I've never had anyone else act like that around me. I'm not in high school anymore and I have moved on in life but occasionally I will think about this situation and it will bother me so I thought I'd try to figure out why he acted like that.

Well thanks to everyone answering :) the majority said he was shy which I guess is possible. I wish I could have just flat out asked him. It was a weird situation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Did he even notice you?

• Well I was right there. It would be very difficult not to notice me unless he had vision problems which I guess could be possible

• Just being there isn't enough. I see lot's of women I don't even speak to. Why should I say more than "Good morning!" to them? Just because they're there?

You too probably see lot's of guys you don't even speak to.

• My tip: ask him to help you with something. He'll probably pay attention.

What Guys Said 3

• he didn't like you. nobody has to.

• No, I do not accept YOUR answer because you have no power of knowledge over me nami.

• and? nobody has to acknowledge others either. Do you pay attention to everybody?

• No I don't pay attention to everybody but if I have lunch with the same people over and over again I would certainly acknowledge their existance and I think it's rude if you don't...

• Just sounds shy around new people. Probably had a crush on you, sometimes they'll be even more shy around someone they secretly like.

• is he good looking?

• I would say a little above average. Cute, but not someone that girls would throw themselves at

What Girls Said 1

• You got to understand that some guys are really shy when they meet new girls. I sit next to those type of guys all the time whenever I had classes. He might have felt intimidated by your presence that's why he would keep all his answer short and mumble it. I know that for some of guys it's hard to talk to a girl. You may him talking to another girl normally, but it's probably because he has warmed up to her or known her for awhile.