What should I do with my facial hair?

Lately, this question has really stuck with me. I'm a 21 year old guy who looks a bit too young for his age. I think I look OK but this really gets me down some times because I get the 'cutie' compliment from girls!

I don't want to use facial hair only to compensate for that, but I'd really like to sport the right style. My facial hair doesn't seem to help, either! While I get a nice mustache and chin hair, the rest of it (cheeks, connectors etc.) is dark yet not that dense. I have tried sporting a stubble, but my mustache gets too full and while my girl friends tell me the style suits me, they all say I should shave the 'stache - which I don't like, I look like a chubby version of Abe Lincoln. Right now, I tried the advice of another friend, letting only some chin hair grow (not Serj Tankian style!) and maybe a bit of a soul patch, both just visible.

Still, I don't know what to do! Here's a photo of me if you'd like to suggest something:

(Just shaved, left a bit of chin hair)

link

(Me with the stubble and longer hair)

link

Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• You're attractive either way, but I think you're much hotter with the facial hair. But that's probably just a personal thing seen as I tend to think most guys look better with it,

Maybe just trim your stach a little more regularly than the rest of your facial hair, or just cut it a little closer. Don't get rid of it completely, but seen as the hair there seems to grow a little more densely than the other places on your face, just pay a bit more attention to it when trimming it.

But like I said, either way you look good. I just prefer facial hair.

What Girls Said 5

• Keep the beard because it gives you more of a jaw line. The mustache is that bad I actually like it with the beard. But maybe losing it will satisfy these females you are trying to pick up. Check this out... link its science! ;)

• OMG I love facial hair. Some girls think its gross but I think it looks very manly. You look like a maffia boss but then in a good way. I like it! :)

• Aw you are a cutie...er, sorry a hottie? lol I only say "cute" because you're too young for me :-P

Really, though, you're a good looking guy and I don't think you look to young for your age at all!

I also vote stubble, just because that's what I prefer, but either one works.

• the second one makes you look like John Mayer

• You're really attractive without facial hair. Looking young simply means that you have nice skin and won't look like such a drag when you're 40.

I think you look just about your age. Maybe try a different hairstyle?

What Guys Said 1

• I couldn't really see the photo in that link.. I'm 21 year old guy who looks young too. I almost have the same problem but you could grow a stubble and the only thing that I can grow is shin hair and very goofy light mustache no sideburns or anything else, I can only have a lame goatee and my only option is to be clean shaven, I hate people's comments when they say I look young and I get the "cutie" complements from girls...but you should be lucky if you can grow a stubble and don't ever be clean shaven..