Do guys go for the metal chick?

I like to consider myself a metal chick. Not one of the annoying girls who listen to pierce the veil (who suck) and class them as death metal. No, I listen to the classics, maiden, sabbath, dio, Judas Priest, quiet riot, kiss, extreme and whatnot. I like to wear band tshirts. I don't show a lot of skin, I am perfectly happy in a pair of jeans. my makeup isn't to heavy, just some eyeliner, mascara and filled in eyebrows since I dyed. My hair black. I will admit, I am a bit of a tough nut. I am not afraid to voice my opinion, and I will go to far lengths to stand up for what I believe in. Thing is, I always seem to be ignored by guys. They always go for the blond girlie girl who wears too much makeup and has her backside hanging out of her shorts. Is it a music thing? Am I too unfeminine? Do guys like girls to be all pink and giggly? Sorry if I sound shallow, it's just that I'm nearly 18 and I've never had a boyfriend. So yeah, do guys go for the metal chick?

Most Helpful Guy

• omg were in the same scene :D and you gotta find the metal guys try going to local metal and punk shows to meet guys tht are in the same scene and will LOVE your look lol

like with the way you look/dress/act you probably won't get you a football player tht likes little wayne just like I won't get a cheer leader tht loves one direction

but what you can get is a badass metal loving guitarist or metal enthusiast tht you can have a lot in common with and will want to date you...

but the main thing is BE SEEN like if you never chill or go to concerts or whatever no one will be able to ask you out...

What Guys Said 10

• I go for many different types of girls, I don't mind girls who're into metal... Although I detest Iron Maiden and Metallica, despite the fact they're seen as some of the first metal bands I find them to be repetitive and dull... Judas Priest are miles better, Megadeath are good, but can be hit and miss, And I love Black Sabbath.

• Many do but I'm not one of them. When I was younger I would have been cool with it but as an adult I couldn't take you anywhere. That and I like pretty much all types of music aside from metal. It's just no my style of aggression. I can't stand to be around that sort of music for very long. One night wouldn't kill me but an entire weekend of it and I'd want to saw my ears off afterwards.

• I don't think many guys who listen to metal would care. I think it'd be cool. I listen to a lot of rock/metal myself. It's also cool to have some things in common with your girlfriend.

• I'm same age as ya and I'm not gonna lie, I love girls who look and express themselves differently as others. I would notice the pretty popular girl at a party, like every other guy, but she's not the one I'd go talk to, because they are boring in my opinion. Someone that jumps out of the scenery with a little something different like you describe yourself would sure catch my eye and intrigue me enough to make me wanna talk with you. So yeah, Id go for the metal chick over that mainstream broad anytime ;)

And sorry for my English I'm tryin' my best, love from Qu├ębec!

• You had me at Maiden.

I dreamed of meeting a girl like you when I was in high school. Not every guy wants the stereo-typical cheerleader/popular girl. Some of us actually appreciate girls who aren't afraid to be themselves. Especially if they have good taste in music.

btw, if you haven't heard it already, give "Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus a listen

• "I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby. Come with me Friday, don't say maybe. I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby, like you..." LOL. Blast from the past.

• I like metal chicks, especially ones who actually like underground metal

• I don't see why they wouldn't. Your taste in music could be something to bond over.

• I don't care what kind of music she likes lol.

• music isn't fashion sense...it's music

they go for those girls because that's what they want. not every guy is the same

• "Do guys like girls to be all pink and giggly?"

Most do. yes.

Femininity is the most important thing to guys. It just is.

Straight men don't want to have sex with a woman with a ton of masculine energy.

What Girls Said 3

• No

• its all about preference...

• some guys do!