Which dress looks best with what shoes?

I need a long eggplant/purple dress for church!

Occasion: Wedding (Maid of Honor)

Which type of dress looks best?

Long with slit? or Long without slit?

and with which type of shoes?

*With Slit*

1. link

2. link

3. link

4. link

*Without slit*

1. link

2. link

3. link

4. link

*Shoes*

1.

link

2.

link

3.

link

4.

link

5.

link

6.

link

7.

link

8.

link

If everything here is hideously bomb atrocious, then what would look better than this?

• Long with slit and *pump heels* :D
  • Long with slit and *strap heels* :D
  • Long without slit with *pump heels* :D
  • Long without slit with *strap heels* :D
  • They all look eewwk! xD

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the dresses that were long without a slit the best. I think they would be more appropiate for a church wedding. I like link 4 the best or link 2. I think a lot of your dress/ shoe choices were not really appropriate for a wedding. Some of the shoes looked like club shoes lol.

Out of the shoes I liked link 8 the best.

I would try to keep my style a little more toned down so that the bride can have her big day.

You could also check with other bridesmaids in the wedding party to see what they are picking out. You don't want to get the wrong color or stand out too much.

I hope my comment helped! :)

• Haha! Thanks!

So, if none of these, then which kind of shoe is more "wedding" fitted? link?

• lol. Your age says over 45!

What Guys Said 8

• Shoes, #8, the Cinderella glass slippers, are great for a wedding.

Hey, you'd wear something slit as high as #1 at your age? Good for you, but most people would tittter at you for trying to look so young!

With slit skirts, try sitting down in them. If you aren't totally exposed sitting down, it's OK.

But for a church ceremony, maybe I'm old fashioned, I'd avoid anything but really small, calf-length slits!

• calf-length slits? ?ugh! I absolutely HATE those! xD

they are so OLD lady like and just ewwwk! I never understood why women wear those ... D:

• yeah sexy in church! I don't have to look like a nun to be decent nor do I have to look like a slut to be sexy.

• Well, good for you. Maybe you'll be like the Roman temple girls, always up for a good time!

• Wow, that's a lot of options.

IMO, dresses with slit #2 or #3 with shoes #7 or #8 look elegant. But what do I know, I'm a guy lol

• Keeping in mind Church and Wedding;

Dress:

link

link

link

Shoes;

link

link

link

• I think dress 2 without the slit with either shoes number one or 2 would look best.

• First dress without slit and the seventh link shoes.

since you said it's a church wedding it would be appropriate to wear something with not a slit. :)

You're not going to a high end place with valet parking after?

• number 2 or 3 slit dress with shoe 8 would look immaculate...

• i like # 2 dress with slit + #8 shoes best.

• without...you don't want to show up the bride

• show up the bride? What exactly does that even mean?

• Where are you from? India?

• America

What Girls Said 16

• If this was me, id go for the 3rd dress with the slit and the 3rd set of shoes but in silver, like this:)

link

Or

link

If I had to pick another dress id totally go with this:

link

Thats just me tho:)

• It actually depends on your type of body. If you have big hips/stomach you should wear empire line dresses. If you have a proportional body any type would look nice. Keep in mind that its a wedding in a church so you might want something appropriate. But dress number 3 is perfect for a wedding, even though it has slit but it's still lady like. The shoes that matches would be shoes no. 8

• I would wear one (is gorgeous but maybe to flashy for church) or 3 (really nice an sexy ) with slit and silver shoes 6 or 8 (maybe one not so shiny)

• I loved one and 3 with slit in that order and shoes number 8. Elegant and sensual.

• The ones with slits all look like prom dresses. Not exactly wedding attire.

I would say that the best thing would be dress 3 or 4 without the slit (especially 4) and either shoes one or 3. Any combination thereof would be simple, elegant, and really cute.

• Duh! Prom dresses and Bride's Maids dresses are both glamour dresses, usually long with/ and with/o slits... Basically the same thing. Some are more decent than others and some are more flashy and so on..

• I say b

• Link 4 in the "without a slit" category.

Shoes - link 3.

• I love the #3 with slit, ad I think some simple elegant black/silver sandals (with heels) would look best, If you're tall, not the heels with platforms.

• dress 2 without slit and shoes 8 :) I think you should be a little more conservative for an occasion like this and that's why I think its better to wear a dress without a slit

• i like the third link (WITH the slit) and the third link for the shoes :D

• Totally the 2nd one, by far!!!

• The fourth one

• The choice B

• I think B.

• 3 and 4 with 7

• Dress No 3 with shoe no 3. I have a similar pair and I love them. Dress No 3 is gorgeous and I would definitely go for it, church or not.