Do girls like when a guy gives them a little attention?

Do girls like when a random guy at street/bus etc looks at them (not uncomfortable stare but a subtle look as if admiring her looks) and paying attention to her...or do they like when a guy just walks past /sits next to them without looking at them even once, just totally ignoring their presence?

• I like when guys look at me and pay attention
  • I like when a guy just ignores my presence

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not comfortable chatting with strangers or having my body admired by strangers. I especially hate cat calls. I'd rather be ignored and left alone. I love it when my boyfriend gives me attention though.

• Thats nice attitude. That's what I try to do with girls. Just ignore them :)

• Yeah, girls are icky. I try and ignore all girls. F***them.

What Girls Said 11

• At first I was going to say "of course girls like it when a guy gives them attention!" (regardless of who he is, it's always flattering), but sometimes...I'm just not in the mood to be checked out lol. If I'm in a bad mood or have something serious on my mind, I'm not noticing if I get checked out and don't really care.

9 times out of 10, though, an admiring glance always boosts the self esteem :-P

• I'll get really annoyed when I can tell that a guy is trying to get my attention by not giving any to me. It's a two-way street. Attention = attention, no attention = no attention.

• ATTENTION. I wish more guys would learn just to be straight up, I mean I get that they are afraid of being rejected and all but the girls who are mean and bitchy about are the ones who scare them away..like most girls are nice and will be cool about it if guys actually give them attention and don't fakely not pay attention to them.

• Sometimes, it depends. If I'm single and a guy I find average or good-looking does that to me, I'll feel flattered as long as it isn't anything sexual or creepy stares or sth and if I'm in a relationship I don't even notice other guys exist, much less if they're paying attention to me.

• I like it when they look at me, if they're not 20 years older than me. Can't tell you how disturbing that is and how often that happens. Other guys can look at me and smile, I like that, but if they make sexual remarks, then it gets scary.

• It depends on the mood of the woman how she takes that attention

• Ofcourse, but we were talking about in general.

• who likes getting ignored seriously WTF

• Lol, seriously? Haha.

• It really depends on the kind of attention and honestly on the guy. I have this friend, who is a great guy, but he can't admire a girl without looking creepy... But if he gives a nice non-threatning vibe, yeah, I enjoy it!

• For the most part it's always nice to receive compliments.. though it could be uncomfortable at times even if it's not just staring.

• If a random guy on the street looks at me most likely I would be creeped out, but it would be a different story if he actually said something like "hi". ask me how I'm doing, or something like that.

• Random guy saying hi and talking to you won't creep you out but just looking at you innocently with no lust or perv thoughts would creep you!

• it depends, if you like the girl, we're all flattered by attention. and as the guy below said, talking sets us apart from animals, you can say hi to anyone, and based on their reply you know how to proceed. People who are mad, or sad or angry and don't feel like talking to anyone , will have a look on their face that says "don't talk to us", but most other people will be interactive, may be 2% will be really off that you would not want to talk to them.

• I think saying hi to random girl would be too much. She might think of guy as a perv.

• Generally I just ignore the presence of women around me, as if they don't exist. What do women think of this behavior ?

• If you ignore women and don't stare at them or check them out, it fine... we think may be you're not social, may be shy, may be busy, mad, sad, it's none of our business. But I have to warn you, that guys don't realize that they stare at women when they think they're just glancing/subtle look, it's very common.but it gets creepy if you keep looking without greeting the woman. you could greet people (say hi, nod, smile) and you don't have to talk to them but that's just my view.

What Guys Said 4

• Of course they do. It makes life worth while for them.

Ever hear a girl tell you how they didn't get hit on or get any attention while going out?

You'd think their childhood dog got smacked by a Dodge Ram.

• lol studies contradict so much what women say they want :P

• they like the attention of good looking guys because women hate us

• it all depends, but yeah I think they would enjoy you at least saying hi. it shows you're at least friendly, ya know?

• A random guy saying hi would be too awkward.

• no, it shows you're human lol..people like to talk, it's what sets us apart from animals