What are some signs to look for that your doctor might be a bad one?

How can you tell the good doctors from the bad? what are some good signs to look for?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is really how they treat you. Whether someone passed one or last they are all still doctors. Very few doctors work alone anyway. There is always sharing of information and learning of new material everyday. Some doctors are good at one doscpline and not so good at another one.

I'm at med school right now and the best doctors are the ones who have got the basics on lock. They are able to get a very good history by treating the patient well and in turn aquiring the most relevant information to help the patient. Being published really doesn't mean much for lay people. You could look at reviews if you have a serious problem that requires a specialist, but for general medicine I'd suggest you go to a teaching hospital for a good value for money.

What Girls Said 7

• When they tell you to take you clothes off to check for a common cold.

• I would think it would be kinda awkward if the Dr. started admiring you in a weird way

• When they diagnose you before being told about all of your symptoms.

• Always rushing you and trying to give you medication for every little thing.Attempting to give you highly unnecessary tests so YOU or your insurance company will pay for it.

• if he or she doesn't listen to you...

• right away they want to prescribe meds (meds = $$$ for doc's, a lot of them are all about the $)

• I usually read reviews and do research on them.

That is what helps in my decision.

I also, see how they are with me and if they are able to address my problem .

I also, see if they operate professional and are able to advise me correctly.

• what would be the 'correct' way to advise you?

• Also, a doctor who does not allow himself to be overbooked.

I had a doctor that every time I would set up a 9am appointment, I would not leave until 5 because he would schedule many of the same people my time and do walk ins. He was greedy for the money,

• Inconsiderate of others.

What Guys Said 6

• Great question

Not all Dr's finished 1st in heir class. Someone had to finish last. Do you know what the person that finished dead last in his class is called? Doctor.

I look to see where he/she went to medical school & read reviews. Then I go to see how they are.

I don't want to see a diploma on his wall, I want to see the diploma with his GPA & where he finished.

Sometimes it takes a few visits to be able to judge.

• Stay away from the ones that touch your bum a lot.

• Depends if you're looking for a doctor who's a good researcher or a good practioner.

• If they prescribe medication without first trying diet, exercise, vitamins, cognitive therapy, etc, first. Medication should be a last resort.

• If they prescribe you Chloroform as a sleep aid for your insomnia.

• Alright Meg let's take a look at that bergina.