Sorry but another height question.

so I'm a guy and I'm only 5'6 maybe like 5'7 with my shoes on lol. but seriously is there anything I can do to make myself taller? the reason I ask is when it comes to dating I do OK but its like girls don't take me seriously because I'm short. I have had ladies tell me before that they are not interested because I'm not that tall. it happens occasionally but its not like all day everyday I get told I'm short and that I'm unattractive because of it. but it is a concern because it does make it a lot harder for me to date.

is 5'6.5 (well say for the argument) very short for a guy? is this something I'm just going to have to deal with? or will things always be in favor of taller guy?

its just frustrating to be judged over something that I have no control over. if I had the power I would be a bit taller at least average height but hey what can I do I was born with this height.

any ideas or advice is welcome.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really know, but I'm going to throw out a guess.

A chunk of women really like tall guys. Most of the women I've dated have fallen in this category - its one of the reasons they chose me over other guys.

There's another big chunk of women who just like a guy to be taller then them.

There's another chunk of women who don't care.

So my guess? 40% of women you're screwed with, 60% you're okay.

So just a few billion.

My boxing coach is 5'4 and does -great- with women. There are a lot of traits that 'women like'. Not every woman cares about every one, and they all have different ones that matter to them. As long as you have your sh*t together and are a good man, and have some positive traits, its just a matter of finding the women who most value the traits you have.

What Girls Said 4

• Deal with it, you can't change your height. You could make yourself look taller with certain shoes but once a girl sees your real height the jig is up. The right girl will like you regardless of your height, she might even like that you're short! My boyfriend is 5'6" and I love his shortness :)

• If a girl really likes you and is willing to accept you for who you are the height will not be issue for her . For example there have been cases where a lot of taller women sometimes end up with men shorter than themselves they were willing to overlooked the height .because the guy got them

by what ever he was doing right .

Yes women on the whole do prefer men to be taller than them but you should not let your height be a barrier to attracting women . you have to be yourself and be confident in your own skin .Some women will make a choice to date a guy shorter /or on the small scale of height due to how he came across to her . This why you need to showcase be best of you who are do not let you height get in the way .

• "Take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend." -S.H.

• Height is not an important factor when I am dating a man. I pay more attention to the way he treats me. Don't worry about those women who have judged you. Keep in mind that some women (myself included) are not that shallow and will appreciate a good man.

What Guys Said 7

• link

The results on here pretty much state that women want men that are 5'8 or taller.

I'm 5'1 and I've had a few girl friends one was online so height did not matter. if 5'6.5 is very short than I don't exist. :P

just focious on things like style, personality, and show women you have other atrabuits than height.

I don't want to say I've given up on having a relationship but I just don't care about asking girls to go out with me, On the other hand if a girl comes up to me and asks me out than I'll say yes if I find her attractive and/or have things in common with her.

I've come to accept my height and put my energy into other things not related to relationships. I just want to say I do feel lonely at times but I get over it with in a day or two.

• get 1.5 inch heel shoe. Make sure it doesn't look suspicious. make your hair slightly taller. you'll look like 5'9 to 5'10.

• Why don't you gain some inspiration from tom cruise and vin diesel ...

u try some insoles about 1-1.5 inches

try to add volume to your hair/keep them spikes

build a ripped physique to divert their mind on something else

i am 5'10 ...but that doesn't mean that I am someone who can't be rejected same for somone who is 6 feet plus

Everyone is dissatisfied for some or the other thing

Best things is to try your best and have a good character and be happy no matter what

• I am 6' and most girls hate me.

• they hate you? or your height because I have come across women who won't date a guy unless he at least 6 foot tall

• Yeah dude, we short guys are sort of cursed and have to deal with it till the moment we die. Can't help it dude. Nature f***ed us.

I am just 5ft4.

• I know what you mean but I don't feel cursed because I'm athetic and strong its just most people are wrongfully judgmental

• Only thing you can do is look for women 5'5" or under. That way, even if she's wearing high heels...she won't tower over you.

• Focus more on really short girls. Unfortunatey even some of them want tall guys. It's bizarre.