What is your daily hair-styling routine?

The question title pretty much says it all. How do you style your hair on a daily basis? What products do you use?

Most Helpful Girl

• I brush out my hair, take a shower and use Tresemme Keratin Smooth shampoo and conditioner, comb out tangles while it's wet/damp, then braid it or put it in a bun as it dries. Leaving it like that overnight is best. I'll sometimes use Garnier's Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioner if it's being too frizzy or poofy.

If I want it straight, then when it's damp I'll put on Tresemme heat protectant, blow dry my hair, and then separate it out section by section and straighten it. It takes such a long time though (my hair's pretty long and thick), so day to day I usually don't.

I also use coconut oil on my hair once a week. I'll let it sit for a while and then wash it out. Helps reduce breakage and damage I think.

What Guys Said 9

• comb your fringe, hair spray the fringe to hold it, wax the hair if you like to have a certain messy style, puffy style, etc. then hair spray to hold! tada! I normally don't have a certain type of hairspray, but you can go to a saloon and buy saloon grade ones, which are always good. for my girlfriend, its just combing and combing cause her hair is too long HAHA

• dude you go to the saloon to get hairspray?

• i don't go there to get it, I only get high grade ones when I cut my hair at the saloon haha

• Shower + 7 seconds of finger brushing.

• ahahah what a huge difference between the routines from the guys and girls lol :P

mine is shower, towel-dry, slop some styling clay (l'oreal matte clay) and done!

• eh, I wash my hair... last year I shaved it everyday lol

• Cuz it's so short I towel dry then use dry Muk styling mud.

• I wake up, shower, put on leave in conditioner, throw on a hat. Tadaaa!

• Wake up, comb it. done!

• I keep my hair so short I often don't even need to comb it, it looks fine straight out of bed.

• Water. I rarely use any products since I keep my hair shaved really short. I'm answering this because I know just how much you want to know how guys take care of their hair. :D

• haha yes. It's been my life's desire to learn about how men take care of their appearances:)

What Girls Said 8

• I don't really do much hairstyling because I like it au naturel. I naturally have straight hair and I'm growing it now actually and so far it's reached my collar-bone, but I want like 4 inches longer. Sometimes I tie it up in a ponytail, do braids or sth like that and before I used to straighten it, but it damaged it much (although I used a heat protectant) so I stopped.

I use: - Garnier Fructis Citrus Mint Fresh Shampoo

- Nivea Hydro Care Moisturizing Conditioner

- almond oil (once a week I massage it in my scalp and put it on the ends of my hair, leave

in for 15 minutes, rinse with cool water and shampoo normally)

• -Shampoo

-Condition

-Johnsons baby leave in conditioning spray lol

-Curl creme

-avocado/grapeseed/coconut/olive oil (one, not all)

-Mousse

-Bun

-Sleep

-Wake up

-Brush through with fingers

-Yay

-Still a hot mess

Once or twice a week I do a deep conditioning treatment

• What do the oils do? Does that help frizziness? My hair is naturally a wavy frizzy mess all the time and only smoothes out once I straighten it but I hate applying all that heat to it all the time.

• improve the condition of hair over time. It's great for softening and strengthening the hair. But, it's not as good for frizz imo.

olive oil is good for...idk, it doesn't work too well on my hair anymore. sweet almond oil is good for softening the hair. apricot oil...is better for the skin.

I only use one at a time.

But for frizziness, I either use grapseed or avocado oil after I've styled my hair. I rub it through

• Okay. I think I might look into either the avocado or grapeseed oils and see how well they will work on my hair type. Thanks! :)

• Basic flat iron to curl my hair. Mini french braid in the front. And pop a cute headband on and I'm done. I have short hair so there's really not much I can do to it. It usually takes me a good hour to do just that though lol my hair is so unmanageable.

• During the summer I hardly do anything to it. I just make sure I condition it well, then put it in a bun/ponytail/braids/pin it back/etc. To me it's just pointless to straighten/curl my hair during the summer, because the weather gets into the triple digits where I live, so it'll be a sweaty mess at the end of the day, haha. During late fall/winter is when I use hot hair tools more often, though.

• Wow, where do you live? If you don't mind me asking, you don't have to say if you don't want to. Lol

• I live in Arizona. It's mostly just dry-heat, probably not as bad humidity heat, but there are plenty of days where you just want to stay inside and sit in an ice bath, haha.

• Ohhh ha ha yeah, that makes sense.

• - nexus leave in conditioner spray

- heat protectant chi

- blow dry

- anti frizz creme at the ends

Then somedays I'll straighten it, but I do like my natural wavy look when I'm finished blow drying.

• i wash it, then when it's damp use texturing paste, leave in conditioner, and a curl moisturizer (forget the brand). I let it air dry, my mane's naturally wavy.

• I usually brush out any tangles in my hair and call it good. Sometimes I'll pull my hair back in a bun, braid, or ponytail.

• I curl it in any direction, doesn't matter. I don't use any products on it.

I wash it every few days and let it air dry.

My hair is low maintenance, sometimes I don't have to do anything to it, I just leave it completely straight.

• Ugh I'm so jealous! I wish I could skip a day washing and didn't have to use products. Lol

• Yeah, I hate using products and stuff. It weighs it down and makes me have to wash it more often. Me no likey, haha!