Determining a healthy body

What factors do you look for to determine if someone is healthy looking?

Most Helpful Girl

• can work out (say a 3 mile bike ride or run, with some hills, at a fast and steady pace) without feeling out of breath, like you're going to die/have a heart attack, faint, etc. Also I believe you should consistently be able to do that like every 3 days, but also you need to vary it up too... you don't want to just be strong in one area... health is fitness but also your mind state as well... there is a lot to health..

What Girls Said 8

• oo good question.

i guess if theyre bodyweight is not too thin and not too big, altho iv heard that people on either side can also be healthy. that's not your question tho:P

also, if they look toned that's a healthy sign that they look after their muscle condition. complexion is one also because the amount of vegetables and calcium consumed makes a huge difference with that. those are the main ones I guess=]

• Usually you can tell from their skin and the way their body shape is, if they are over weight then tey probably aren't healthy, if they are really skinny then they aren't healthy, also mental health is a factor as well

• Looks don't say much, unless the person is so obese that they can't run. Or so skinny that you see every bone through their skin. Maybe red eyes, that could indicate stress or lack of sleep. Yellow or broken nails, they don't take care of themselves. Other than that, there isn't really much to go on. You'd have to look at their habits and behavior to determine their health.

• You can' really look at a body to tell whether it's healthy or not. Usually by a person's eating habits or exercise regimen, I would think that's a good observation to go by.

• on first impression, skin complexion and how clear and bright their eyes are.

• people's eyes say everything about if they are healthy or not.

• not overweight or underweight. healthy skin color (not pale). no dark circles underneath eyes.

• You can't look at someone and tell if they're completely healthy usually. Endurance and breathing indicates. Skin tone indicates. Healthy hair and nails. Weight and muscle mass.

What Guys Said 10

• I can look at a person and tell if they are unhealthy or not. Certain things I was trained to look at. Like if they have a goiter, complexion is weak, hair and nails is also weak. Men will have more fat on their abdominal area, women will have cellulite on their butt. Bruising on the legs. Body fat% to lean mass.

• Almost all women have cellulite on their butt or legs. It's normal and occurs on both skinny and fat women. It doesn't indicate anything about health.

• Wrong, all girls form a subcutaneous form of fat on their butt, that is the healthy form of fat, not cellulite, learn the facts!

• Older you are, easier it is. 20 year olds can be unhealthy as hell and look good, it starts catching up though.

• Looks don't determine your health.

The time where I had the most energy and strength when I was kind of Chubby. And the time where I had no energy, sleepless, and more prone to sickness and pain: is when I looked ripped and strong.

• aesthetics ie being 'ripped' and strong doesn't equate to internal health, or even internal strength. Excessive eating and activity (ie over-emphasis, on forceful, expending activities), puts a lot of strain on the organs. Moderation is the key. If you have symptoms, your body is trying to tell you something.

• Healthy looking people can drop dead or have an illness tomorrow or this evening. Unhealthy looking people too.

Most people will look at skin, muscles and weight.

• Count the chins

• Actually, the vast majority of people are hopelessly unfit, whether they look it or not (I'm an adventure sports guide, and I find it very rare that clients can manage even a couple of hours of intense physical exercise, without being absolutely knackered by the end of it).

• Are the well toned and I look at their eyes and their smile

• if you look like me jk lol a person can be skinny an be un healthy. can usually tell if they look fit an they look like theyve been working out, lean, some muscle def etc

• A person's BMI and by extension their weight is usually a good indicator of their overall health (not too skinny and not overweight). Other things that could add to a healthy body are a good posture (standing up tall, no rolled over shoulders or forward head posture, no anterior or posterior pelvic tilt etc.) All of these things add up to create a healthy looking body.

• skin complexion, eyes, stomach, and more.

• People physical features like face, stomach, eyes, etc.