Why are women so insecure? What's with the low opinion that women have of themselves?

There is hundreds, no wait, thousands of totally beautiful women in this world. Yet, I'll never understand why they have such a low opioun of themselves. Granted, I wouldn't like it if one thinks they are better than the rest and makes fun of others I'd be like "see ya" But why the insecurity?

But yet, its a bad thing for guys to be insecure with thier apperance. So why the double standard? Women expect guys to look good, times changed. We gotta be athletic,have a good looking face, make good money. So why are women so insecure when in reality they expect the same with guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me I think its because I have met several guys that I ended up liking and thinking that they liked me back and in the end they were not interested so I start questioning why they didn't like me... Did I do something wrong? Am I not confident enough? Am I too boring lol? I honestly am just looking for a good guy that will just like me for me and will be good to me and has a good direction in life. He doesn't have to make a lot of money; just having a job that he is committed to is a big bonus for me. I have had people tell me I am a good looking person but then I feel like guys are only physically attracted to me which makes me insecure because they end up not liking my personality I am assuming.

What Girls Said 3

• It's the media you are fed your whole life. I once thought that you could only find love if you're beautiful because of the media. Like magazines, T.V. shows, celebrities, Disney and so on. So many people around the world are getting too focused on beauty. It's either be beautiful or be the ugly outsider.

• Media and peer pressure to act and look a certain way to fit in and if you don't you are out of place.

I try to ignore most influences and do my own thing, but even I can succumb to societies view on what makes you attractive.

I also think p*rn has a lot of blame, most normal girls do not look like that and guys watch it way too much and get a distorted view on girls bodies.

• eh, girls watch that stuff too. Everyones visual yo!

• I didn't say they didn't watch it.

• because when you are the most vulnerable, so many people make fun of you, and make you feel bad about yourself so that they can feel better.. recovering my eating disorder I had people make fun of my weight, eventhough they knew I was recovering..

at least I think its a part of the reason

What Guys Said 2

• Because they probably had one guy they liked or cared about call them ugly or fat or something demeaning and it stuck with them no matter what positive things other guys say to them.

• It isn't a double-standard. All humans expect confidence out of other humans and this phenomenon transcends sex.