Whats are the best exercises to get slimmer legs?

My legs look chunky because I'm not at my ideal weight any more. They looked really long and slender when I was slimmer. What exercises would you recommend for burning fat in the legs? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, I was searching for a similar question like this a few months ago. I google it and I found this link: answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090517102553AAwPQZK READ the 2nd comment. I got a some neck ache after I read this, I was laughing so hard...lol

First, you got to loose the weight - dieting.

Then exercise to tone it.- jogging.

If you run 2 miles a day for 1-2 months, you'll get the results. I've done it myself.

It's best if you do these at the same time for faster improvements.

• LOL at the link! Thanks!

What Guys Said 3

• You mostly want to do cardio. Burning fat means that you're burning fat all over. Fat gets stored a lot in the stomach but you have fat all over your body believe it or not. While you can do leg workouts, those will mainly tone the legs. I'd start off with a lot of cardio until you reach your ideal weight.

• Long distance running, and/or aerobics, really fast, jazzy type aerobics classes that don't use heavy weights.

• What would qualify as "long distance"?

• Thanks, I've been doing 6.7km to be precise! lol Seems to be doing the trick :)

• Good news. Best Answer?

• get off the pc and go for a walk. id do about 5 miles a day. don't over eat

What Girls Said 4

• People think I'm crazy but Sketchers Shape Ups if you wear them religiously really work. I wore mine like 10 hours a day and was on my feet most of the time. Even gym rats were amazed at how much muscle I had in my legs and butt.

• Do leg exercises, like walking, walking will help tone your legs out a bit, I walk 4 miles once a week in a trace at the gym (all at once) and I haven't seen a difference yet (because I recently just started doing it) but you will eventually start to tone your legs, also, try that rubber stretch thing where you lay on your back and you put this ribber sash thing on the bottom of your shoe and you hang on to either end one in each hand and you push your foot

• Cardio

Try the elliptical, swimming, jump roping or jogging/running. You have to lose weight to slim them down.

Squats, lunges and deadlifts will tone but they're not gonna burn any fat

• Try a Pilates workout. Tones without bulking, gives a leaner more feminine tone.