Can you live in a loft on a low budget?

I've been recently looking for apartments but they all seem pretty expensive, in a horrible neighborhood, without anything included. But I noticed that the loft I was lookin up, rent each month is only $800 and it's fully furnished, with a few things included but not a lot. The thing is, I just turned 18 and I only get paid $9 hr. do you think ill be able to rent a loft or am I better off staying with my parents?

And just so you know, I'm using my aunt's account! So don't look at the age and be like "dang, your hella old still livin with family". Lmao

Most Helpful Guy

• Do your calculations correctly as if your taking a test to get out of prison.

We all want things in life, and we all want to be independent someday, but you should never ever set yourself up for failure. There are other things you gotta consider when finding a place to live, like if the neighborhood is a good place or bad place to live, how far its from your job, and the history of the place.

9/h an hour? Your not gonna make it with that budget sorry. I suggest that you save 10% of what you make, and work your way up the work field.

What Guys Said 2

• [$9 x 40] x 4 = $1,440 - $800 = $640 for bills and leisure. If you think that will cover it, go for it. This is assuming you're working full-time and that $9 is your post-tax hourly pay.

• The only way you could afford that is if you split that rent with roommates, and even then only the cost of living in your area is fairly low.

I'm living with my parents and when I calculated my budget, I learned that I'd need $11 an hour, and that's with a $300 mortgage payment, not $800.

What Girls Said 2

• To think its bet if you just stay with your family and save as much as you can. Otherwise, being young, you may slip up and spend more than you can afford. Next thing you know, you don't have enough money for rent, lights, gas, etc. Just save!

• no, I think you need roommated