Why do you think that women can look at a guy who is physically unattractive but then they find out he's rich

And then all of the sudden he is really desirable. Are woman that shallow that they will date somebody ugly just because of the money they have to offer. Is it in their dna to look at just resources to determine if guys are attractive and they can't help but to do that ?

Why do you think money has such a strong influence of them.? Do the majority want a guy with money because she knows she can't live and support herself without help?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. We're all like that. It's actually in our DNA. You might as well go on to dating men, since women are just so shallow and despicable to you.

Seriously, these types of questions are ones I would expect from a 10 year old. Grow up.

P.S.- If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't date someone like you even if they paid me. :)

• You must ignorant to not notice how big of an impact money makes on girls

• i agree that questioner shouldn't speak in sweeping generalizations, but there is no denying that he is correct in his point regarding SOME women.

"guys always complain how girls cheat, but choose promiscuous ones"...

is this really always the case or isn't this also a sweeping generalization? careful not to let your frustration with his question lead you into the same territory he may have stepped

• I'm shocked that I got Best Answer...xD Thank you though.

What Girls Said 3

• Why do you think that women can look at a guy who is physically unattractive but then they find out he's rich?

Probably because wealth affects desirability for many gals.

Are woman that shallow that they will date somebody ugly just because of the money they have to offer?

Yes many gals are 'that shallow' no different than guys are 'that shallow' that they will date somebody just because of her looks or sex.

Is it in their dna to look at just resources to determine if guys are attractive and they can't help but to do that ?

To me it's unlikely it's in their dna and more likely conforming to a patriachial society which considering gals commodity and males the seller as well as placing male value in his success aka money and gal's value in her youth/beauty leading to guys being able to 'buy' the gals of the attractiveness they seek.

Why do you think money has such a strong influence of them.?

Likely because of societal influence and money has the connotation of success and power as well as money can money material possessions.

Do the majority want a guy with money because she knows she can't live and support herself without help?

That's doubtful since I don't see any statistics stating that gals generally can't live and support themselves without help.

• so how come in hunter-gatherer societies, women choose men based on their ability to provide? Do you think feminism has influenced them?

I don't get how citing male/female differences per se is sexist or bigoted. If somebody is shallow, meh, that's their business. They may not be fulfilled in the long-run, but that's their loss.

• @wolf359

As for the rest...o...o..

" Do you think feminism has influenced them?"

Nowhere did I state, suggest, imply, or mention feminism so I'm unsure why you brought that up. I don't even see how you can apply this as a possible affecting factor seeing as how in modern societies with feminism gals tend to choose guys based on wealth as wealth is a symbol of power.

Either way I doubt feminism has affect hunter-gather societies though I doubt most modern notions have affected them like rape.

• @wolf359

"I don't get how citing male/female differences per se is sexist or bigoted. "

Nowhere did I state, suggest, imply, or mention citing male/female differences is sexist or bigoted so I'm unsure why you brought that up unless it's a psyche slip on your part.

Either way likely it's not the citing that is sexist or bigoted but the conclusion or claim a person attempts to make based on the citation. Such as gals seek partners with security = gals are evil stupid shallow b*tches.

• Yes it is in our DNA actually. We're biologically meant to find a guy with the most resources to support a family. If you have Netflix, I highly recommend looking up the documentary The Science of Sex Appeal. It's about an hour long and it explains all the reasons people are attracted to certain things, wealth included.

• Because women value wealth and security.

What Guys Said 7

• the same reason a guy can look at a girl who isn't very attractive in their opinion but if they found out she was particularly skilled at some sexual act (great at bj's, loved anal, into threesomes, etc) she is suddenly exponentially more attractive.

SOME women give high value the security and opportunity wealth can provide

SOME men give high value to a woman who is especially good, adept or into sex

• "Ugly, fat guy" My friend was with "ugly fat guy" (that's what we called him)

She had nothing, less then nothing. She asked him to buy her a car & he did.

I remember she told me she didn't think she could drink enough alcohol the 1st time they were going to have sex.

• Women are biologically wired to seek out men who can provide for their offspring. Obviously a guy with access to material items can provide that security

• It's sort of the same as a girl posting on an online forum with no indication of what she looks like, and hence receiving no special attention. But if she's attractive and puts some pictures up, all of a sudden her mailbox is overflowing with the interested. Are guys that shallow? The answer is that guys are no more shallow than women, and women are no more shallow than men. The only difference is that they have a different checklist of shallow qualities to look for

• Looks are important though. It's more shallow to date somebody that you find ugly. I'm sure that person wouldn't like it If their partner found them ugly. Both genders look at looks but women also look at wealth and that is one of their highest priorities for some reason

• It's shallow to mainly date a guy for money when she never worked hard enough to make enough money on her own

• And it's also shallow to value girls who have the more perfect waistline to breast ratio. Shallowness is not a women specific trait

• partly. or because they are golddiggers and want to take advantage of him hahaha..

• That's what they like. They don't care about guys or anything. The countless amount of feminists can attest to that. However, they do care about what you can give them. Is it any wonder why FWBs are through the roof and so are single mothers?

• It is kind of shallow I guess. I need to get rich, probably the only way that I'll ever find a girl.