Are Puerto ricans and Cubans more diverse looking than Mexicans?

Because I have seen Puerto Ricans and Cuban range anywhere from white and black and your general Hispanic look while as most of or the majority of Mexicans look brown with a few white ones but there like in 10% tile.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is more racial diversity in their gene pool.

Mexicans tend to be either: mestizo (white/AmerIndian mix), AmerIndian, or Spanish white. there was a tiny tiny black population sent to Mexico in the 1800s but they kind of absorbed quickly into the population and their genetics don't show up very much in the people. majority Mexicans I've seen are mestizo.

PRs and Cubans tend to be either: mestizos, mulattoes (white/black mix), triguenos (white/black/AmerIndian mix), Spanish/Mediterranean white, or AmerIndian. well at least I know PRs are taino Indian, I don't know what or if Cubans have any native influence. most of the Cubans I've seen are on the mulatto sliding scale, some look more Spanish , some look more black and some look stereotypically mulatto.

What Girls Said 5

• We Puerto Ricans range from really white to black and all around because we are more mixed and I don't know what you mean with general Hispanic because most others Hispanic I see including Mexicans are the same but maybe you just see some with the same skin tone? Puerto ricans are a mix of taino Indian,Spanish(European) and African. If your curious you should look it up in the internet there's plenty of info,also I feel like cubans are also really similar to us in looks .: )

link

• No, there are Mexicans who have a European, Asian, African and Native look. There is a lot of people in Mexico who are from either or a mix of all of those. I happen to have family that ranges from all in between. I just know that in my family from both sides we have Spanish and Aztec roots :)

• No they all look different

• You have really no idea what you are talking about. At the least we are 50 percent white,. Spanish people killed a lot of people and they brought a lot of Spanish people. Almost everybody nowadays have Spanish blood. Way too little comunities are mostly native Mexican. Most people are mestizos.

• Puerto rican and cuban have german bloodline infused in their ethnic heritage. they look a bit more 'white' than Mexicans (they tend to breed within the distant related bloodlines)

What Guys Said 2

• The AMerIndian population in Mexico was too large for the Spanish to completely wipe out, so most Mexicans carry some of that heritage, yes. Only a few are 100% European.

In Cuba and Puerto Rico, most, or even nearly all, the Native people were wiped out by the Spanish, so most of the population is descended either from Spanish immigrants, or from African slaves imported for labor, with some admixture of Native American, but not nearly so much as most Mexicans have.

• Sure!