How important are looks to you?

the question is mainly for the female users. on a scale of one to ten, ten being the most important. how important are a mans looks to you?

be honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well for me looks aren't everything, it doesn't define the person. I'd rather have a guy that looks alright but with a wonderful personality and outgoing and is fun and funny than to have a hot guy that's just plain boring. But I would say looks on scale 1-10 umm I say the lowest about a 4 or 5.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't do rating.

I don't give a crap if the dude is the most attractive being on earth, if his personality is sh*t, it won't happen.

• looks are not everything..sure they matter..but I could not stand being with a self centered hot guy..-worst case scenero to me id say maybe a 5-6..as long as his appearance is OK and doesn't scare me:P

whats the real prize is him in general-is he sweet,caring...etc--he has to have a good personality..

• If it's a guy I just want to sleep with, and do nothing more with, looks would be the most important thing. But, if it's somebody I would want to be in a relationship with, I would care less what they look like.

• Ten if I'm not attracted to him why would I pursue him? :S lol but then everyone has diffrent tastes someone who might be a ten to me might be a 2 to someone else. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

• As a guy I think this is the most honest answer I've read from a girl here on GAG - ever!

• Gosling is a famous Hollywood actor - they get punanny even though they look like women, just like Daniel Craig; regular guys aren't that lucky

• haha ew id give gosling a 4.. that would be on a good day.. XP yucky. Paul walker 9.5 :) Brad pitt a 6 in his hay day he's oneof those lucky guys that have gotten better with age :D 7.5 In world war Z.. Every ones diffrent not all people will agree with me, and I'm fine with that ;)

• Looks are rated around a 5 in importance. To be in a healthy relationship I need to be sexually attracted to them. It wouldn't work out too well if I was repulsed by even looking at them. However I could be not as sexually attracted to them as another person and still like them more because of their personality.

• Looks is what gets my attention, personality keeps me focused on you

• so if you are not good looking then you are a failure in life to women

• Yes

What Guys Said 2

• Like Moviedude said, there has to be SOME physical attraction. If a guy has an amazing personality, but is generally ugly (whether is is just his genes or bad hygiene(that can change A LOT, I am telling you)), it will be very hard for any girl to fall in love with him.

I consider myself to be a decent guy and looks are for me not the most important thing, but I would not be happy in a relationship with a great girl, but who is not attractive to me. I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. Standard serve a good purpose.

• there has to be some level of physical attraction towards the girl if I want to date her, she doesn't have to be a model necessarily