Wearing panty hose instead of leggings?

Lately in Sweden where I am from, I have been seeing girls wearing pantyhose (the thin stockings that you wear under dresses and skirts) instead of tights/ gym pants/ yoga pants (whatever you want to call them). These are a lot more see through, meaning that if you wear them with just a top, that you can see all of their legs and even the butt (I saw one girl who had on a thong). To me (and I am not conservative at all) seems a little over the top. Have anybody on this site seem this happening elsewhere in the world, or is this just a Swedish thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• No I have seen plenty of girls in yoga pants and leggings (which show a lot) but not pantyhose. I know pantyhose are supposed to be worn with a skirt/dress/shorts over them but isn't it supposed the same with leggings too? I am from American by the way, girls do not wear pantyhose at all here, at least were I live.

What Guys Said 9

• I am from America and I haven't seen anything like what you have described here. I know there are probably different fashion statements in different countries and you are right it does seem over the top. Women still wear pantyhose in Michigan where I am from but they wear them when they dress up along with heels, dresses and skirts which I find very attractive on a woman.

• First time I have ever heard about this. Girls wearing just a pantyhose without anything over it. Would be a sight to see if they just wear the pantyhose commando underneath.

I live in a warm climate, so wearing pantyhoses anytime except at cool nights or places with some air conditioning is a certain death by overheating, lol.

Have any pictures?

• I live near Malmö and I never seen them .

• Never seen that. I guess they are looking for attention. That's all I can think of.

• It's becoming common in the US. From a dress to pants to tight thick pants to thin leggings now to pantyhose. If you are going to wear just pantyhose with a shirt, don't wear a thong underneath.

• That seems pretty strange to me, and not at all a style I'm hoping anyone adopts.

• I heard first time...

• Happens here in san francisco too. I of course like it !

• I haven't seen this yet. Hopefully, I won't. If it does become the trend, I think that would be the last straw in how I feel about the modern woman.

What Girls Said 9

• I've never seen that, I like to wear tattoo tights with short shorts, but I never show my butt

• Pantyhose are supercomfy and erotic to wear. Maybe girls today are more conservative than those girls (called "women" 30-40 years ago) who wore pantyhose ALL THE TIME, even with miniskirts (go to google images for details).

• Oh my god, no, lol. Not here in Arkansas, anyway.

That sounds super tacky.

• I have seen it in New York City many times mainly young girls at clubs.

• Yes, and its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

• I think that is so weird, its corssing a line. I haven't seen anything like it and I wouldn't like it

• I'm from America, and I've never seen that. Girls always wear leggings where I live.

• very common in the uk

• It's gone from yoga pants to leggings to panty hose... at this rate girls are going to just stop wearing any kind of pants altogether.

• Have you seen this in your country too? I think its crazy. Soon we will just see bare butts in thongs walking the streets.