What would you rather have?

a totally ripped/fit looking body but not really that strong but you look strong. or average looking but have some really good power behind you? you can't have both you can only choose one :P

Most Helpful Guy

• I would rather be average looking physique-wise but be very deceptively strong.

I find it pathetic that so many guys put their sole focus of their being on attracting the female gender that they would prefer to have a ripped body but be weak as sh*t!

Having strength is useful for me personally (since I do like being physically active).

Plus, if I DID take the flipside and choose the ripped body but weak strength, my CONFIDENCE because of my lack of physical strength will counteract any positives when it comes to attracting the female gender.

What Girls Said 8

• Not a ripped and fit body because it would complicate life more and I don't want a guy who is vain like that because they he would more than likely push me down and make me feel really low as a person, I like to feel as an equal with a guy plus guys like that tend to be work work orientated than relationship orientated, I prefer average to in between average and fit, vanity in person is a real turn off for me so I stray away from guys who work out a lot especially if they are more work orientated because they tend to be very emotionally unavailable and even if I can be very attracted to smart guys who love their work I know what would happen if I dated them, peoples health says a lot about people and guys who are buff generally is more concerned with trying too hard to impress those outside me and him.

• strength ;-)

• Strength..

• Guys that are too ripped don't look that great if I'm honest. Would prefer a guy with a bit of strength that didn't necessarily look so good

• I don't look very strong :( but I believe I have some power behind.

And I'd go for the second one. An average looking guy who is actually strong. But he shouldn't look all flabby though.

• The ripped guy

• I'd rather look really fit.

I know it's a typical girl move, but girls don't have to actually be super strong. Just look like they are :p

• I would rather the ripped body guy

What Guys Said 10

• When I was younger I used to gym for girls and the aesthetic side really appealed to me, but since I started really strength training I love the benefits of having extra strength. I also play sports ( Rugby, hiking, Cycling) and function is always better than aesthetics. I'm not as cut as I used to be, but I still attract the same type of girls I attracted before

• It depends. I box (not super seriously, but ... enough that I do the odd semi competitive bout).

If 'average looking but some really good power' means I'm kind of look out of shape, carry some fat but stronger then I look, m'eh.

If 'average looking but some really good power' means I look kind of thin but have more power then it looks, oh hell yes that all day, lol ;)

• definitely the average look, but some good power. This allows you to positively surprise people when they need help with something heavy or something. Sure, you don't look like you are in shape, but I think the strength is more important than looks in this situation.

Also, if you go for the buff looks, you will eventually disappoint people because you aren't as strong as you seem. For all they know, you could be on steroids or something.

• Actual strength.

Looking really muscular hasn't been fashionable since the 80s. Being strong will never be bad.

• Like others have said, it depends a lot on how "average looking" really looks. Though I feel like I don't really need the muscles so I would pick the ripped body for now at least.

• Stealthy strength. Like this: link

Which is the opposite of guys with fake muscle implants which would be the logical extreme of what you are suggesting

• substance > style, function > fashion.

I'll take the strength over just looking strong any day. ...kinda how I already am! =D

• I really like the way I am now. I don't look very strong but I can bench 225 and people always say I am deceptively strong

• I would rather be ripped, and look great. Most girls don't care much if a guy isn't super strong as long as he looks good, and I don't need much strength at work.

• A huge brain and be smarter than everyone else.