Honestly, on a scale from 1 to 10: how important is the physical appearance?

How important is it for you to have a very attractive partner/girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever..

And we're being completely sincere here..

Most Helpful Guy

• if you mean does she have to be sexy, no so probably like a 2-3

but if you're asking whether or not I have to have some attraction to her (physically) then 10 I mean I just couldn't get it up to someone I'm not attracted and I could be proud of it to be perfectly honest

What Guys Said 12

• No more than 2. If they're together people, they will look together, and that's all that is required as far as physical attraction is concerned.

• well not necessary she be like playboy hot in that sense but I'd have to be somewhat attracted to her to want to date her and get physical with her , she doesn't need to have huge D sized boobs but I've got to be attracted to her in the sense or I'd have a hard time getting interested

• Your question and subtext are different.

How important is it for me to have a -very- attractive partner? Like 2-3 out of 10.

How important is it for me to have a somewhat attractive partner? 9 or 10 out of 10. So I would have answered your first question with a very high number.

• This is what I meant but I think kheserthorpe has worded it better.

• I guess I was just being curious since I started to perceive a lot of couples who aren't really in the same level of umh... I mean, a very very average girl with a really really nice looking guy or vice versa.

• Relationships are unstable when one person can do 'much better' then their partner. I mean if they are wildly in love it may last.

But ... looks aren't everything, especially for males (though they do matter). An average looking guy who is your age but considered 'cool' and popular and athletic will tend to have a girlfriend better looking then himself. So will a guy my age who is a corporate lawyer and charming with average looks. On the other end a good looking guy my age with a crappy job ..

• For me? 9, and it's not something I'm proud of. To be honest, over the years, I've been trying to train myself not to give in to my basic male instincts and give out free life passes to girls just on the account that they were born pretty.

It's not easy.

• About 7-8.

• 10. If I'm not attracted, it's a no-go. That's not to say personality is any less important.

• If she is not pretty enough for you, you wouldn't ever dare to approach her, is that right?

• Not true. I would still approach her and speak to her; even befriend her. I would not consider dating her, however.

• Its not something that is easily answered.

I'd say its not very essential to be very attracted to a partner, it would just be a bonus.

However it is incredibly important to be at least a little bit attracted to them, otherwise its simply not going to work.

• 8

• Its insanely important that I'm SOMEWHAT attracted to her.

• 10 being really good, then 7!

• If I don't find ALL THREE following things attractive about a girl, I'm not going to date her and certainly not going to have a relationship with her: looks, personality, intelligence.

That said, I don't think my standard for looks is especially high. Since I get complimented on my looks by girls A LOT, my standards are relatively probably a little low.

• 5. It's a factor, but by no means the most important one.

What Girls Said 7

• Physical appearance is very important, but that doesn't mean they have to be very attractive, they just have to be someone I don't find unattractive.

I'm not saying appearance is the most important thing, but there has to be some kind of physical attraction going on, they don't have to be the hottest person I've ever seen, but they have to not repulse me.

• It's not the most important thing, but it is absolutely necessary for me to be attracted to him. If he's not attractive enough to the point where I find myself checking out other guys because his appearance isn't pleasing to the eye, then that's a problem.

• Attractiveness is important in a relationship.

I think if you are to want to be with someone, you have to have some what of an attraction to them. However, looks fade and people get older and if you only rely on what they look like and not what their character or personality says then that is going to become a problem.

I think I would want my (future) husband to obviously look amazing and I should definitely think he is hot, but I don't want to be distracted by that fact and fail to see any other qualities or characteristics in him.

• 5, just moderately

• 9, if I don't want to bang you, we aren't dating

• LOL

• That's how it is for most people. Lucky for girls, most guys the 'want to bang' line is not that high.

• I'm actually just going over this topic in my psychology college course! As much as women and men would like to deny it, appearance is one of the key factors in attraction. Of course a good personality can make one appear more attractive to someone!

• Like.. 6 or 7? I've dated quite a few and I found out that really good looking guys aren't really compatible with me. They just have way too messed up girl problems. They're like attractive dolls that I view.