A question about girl comparissons

Why most people link thin girls with being tall and curvy girls with being short?

Most of the times I see questions like "Do you prefer tall and thin girls or short and curvy girls?",whilst I've seen less often about short and thin or tall and curvy girls.

Why people link them like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never seen any comparisons were they mention height with body type though.

In everyday life I do see more short fat people than tall fat ones, maybe because that is what I unconsciously expect, weird. Never thought about this until now.

I guess it's stereotypical.

What Girls Said 2

• Comparisons are odious! Idk. Most girls connect 'tall' with being bad and 'skinny' with being good, and 'curvy' with being bad and 'short' with being good.

I find the whole thing insulting, but I won't berate them for it or anything. I understand.

• i think it is more about people looking taller when they are slim and smaller when they are curvy

What Guys Said 1

• when seen out of context in just a picture, thin girls will seem taller and curvy girls will seem to be shorter. it is how we want people to be 'naturalized' into a generic profile