How valid are sites related to finding soul mates?

What I mean by valid is that, I feel that the most of the people that look you up and "add you as a contact" in marriage sites look like huge Spam email senders. So I am just wondering are the people "REAL" on it, or we cannot be sure on these sites?

Most Helpful Guy

• The guys are usually real on these sites. It's the girls I that I would worry about

• Why the girls?

• Well, sites like these largely attract guys, so the bots are going to target the larger demographic, which makes it more likely that the bots will pose as females

• feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, tech savvy GaG users.

What Guys Said 4

• No more valid than a blind date. You don't know crap about the person either way, but at least on a blind date, they can't hide their face.

• You can try the pay-dating sites, but I still feel meeting people in person is best.

• Marriage sites are full of creeps and scam artists.

Use a general dating site, like OKCupid, Plenty of Fish, Match, EHarmony, etc.

• God has the internet now and can find the perfect match for you

What Girls Said 1

• You do have to be careful of that, but there are more real profiles than fake ones.

I think the horror stories of fake ones, here and everywhere else, scare people into thinking online dating is a scam, in general, and isn't worth looking into.

I got several relationships from starting on a dating site. It's really like anything else, you have to weed out the crazies and the fakes, haha!

Just be cautious and as things progress, you'll be able to tell who's real and who isn't.

And because they're online, it's easier to keep your personal information personal... give that information out later.