Why do girls like to dress guys up?

Some girls like to dress guys up and put makeup on them. For some people it could be just because it's fun, to see if they are able to convince a guy to do so and how far they will let them dress them up, because they like how a guy looks that way, or some other reason. I think my reason is because I like to see if they would let me and because it's fun. I also have been wondering why a guy would let a girl do that to them.

Girls:

Do you like to dress guys up sometimes and why?

Guys:

Under what circumstances (if any) would you let a girl dress you up or put makeup on you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls I believe enjoy doing this because it is her having the power to get him to let go of his macho stance and allow her alpha male status and take command, and also they like putting a guy in a vunerable position where trust that it goes no further than the room they are in is put on them feels pleasing.

What Guys Said 6

• Because most guys can't dress themselves worth a damn!

Very few situations I can think of where I let a girl dress me up. I have a decent understanding of men's style basics and created my own style that works for me. But I also am pretty cognizant about what might be appropriate for any given event and know when to tone it down or play it up. I can't recall any time a woman suggested I should wear something else.

Outside of Halloween makeup, there is NO circumstance where I would allow a woman to put makeup on me.

The one thing for me is that women want to play with my hair. Its pretty lame, especially when some drunken stranger comes up to me out of nowhere and gets all grabby - weird. And happens pretty often, I don't get it. They ask to touch it, if they can braid it, etc. WTF? Knock it off!

• ehh no... I need to keep my sack XP I fell asleep at a gfs house once and she painted my nails but that's about it... oh and once in HS we had like a "Dress up day" so me and a girlfriend decided to go as the other so I borrowed one of her sweaters or something and she borrowed some of my shorts (lol I stretched the crap out of it XP)

• i would let a girl dress me up if she had a better style sense than me (mine is pretty good) but id say no to makeup simply because I don't really like when girls wear it...unless the girl needs it to look halfway decent...

• If I say no and it pisses her off, it only proves my point that girls don't care what guys want, they only care about themselves

• For me it would be an absolute no go, and a reason to break up because of mental issues.

• I allowed my girlfriend to do it for Halloween.

What Girls Said 4

• i wouldn't want to dress a guy up unless we were going to a fancy dress party or just drunkenly doing stupid stuff on a night out but id love to do a guys makeup for him.

its not a sexual thing to me, its more that id find it a lot of fun as I like doing makeup looks on myself and it gets boring using the same face all the time and knowing how itll come out looking haha, plus I don't have a sister so I never got to do girlie stuff on a younger sibling. I also think its really sweet how a guy will let you do it to make you happy and is comfortable enough with himself that he doesn't mind and like number10 says; won't freak out or refuse and say its gay like he's scared of becoming gay through a bit of washable makeup (which I find says a lot about the guy and not in a positive way)

• I painted my ex boyfriends nails blue once as a joke,but only because he asked me to...I tought it was kinda weird,but he like it so xD ...

I think every guy has his own sense of fashion and its none of my business...I would only do it if he asked me to... >.<

• I've never done it, but I think it would be a lot of fun, and the way a guy reacts really says a lot about him. If he gets mad and absolutely refuses, saying it's "gay"-- then he's dumb and homophobic and I don't need that sort of negative energy in my life.

But if you get a guy and he humors you and you both have fun together, then that just strengthens your bond, ya know? it's better not to take things seriously and just laugh together.

• because sometimes guy have bad sense of style