GAG-verse: Can wearing an gel eye-mask mess up your vision?

I wore one last night and had an amazing night of sleep, but today morning, I noticed that things look slightly blurry. For example, the words I'm typing right now aren't all that clear to me and everything looks sort of...hazy. Is it because my eyes were kinda pressed on the whole night? I tried putting cold water on my eyes but the problem is still there. It's been 2.5 hours :o

Most Helpful Guy

• If you enjoyed the night of sleep, I advise getting a sleep mask that does not put pressure on the eyes. The border that goes around the centers fit snugly to the face, but the part over the actual eye has very light contact or none at all. See the ads at link No recommendation on my part, just an example of what I mean.

What Guys Said 2

• link

Last paragraph :)

• You're suppose to wear it on your face, not puncture it with a spork and rub the gel on your eyeballs. =P

• i didn't! I checked to see if there were any leaks. NADA! but my eyesight has mostly returned :p

• lmao, no, it's mostly gone away, so ALL IS GOOD! :)

• Mostly?... Lets do a quick test then... How many fingers am I holding up?

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm the pressure could have done something, that's why you should never use anything that puts pressure on your eyes. I would say if it's been more than a day definetely go see a dr.

• :/ it was so comfy... but yea, I will definitely have to see a doctor if this doesn't go away. thanks for the advice.

• the instructions didn't say anything about a time limit...i just fell asleep with it on. but I guess 8 hours of that pressure wasn't good for me. my eyes were hurting in the morning... I just hope I didn't permanently mess up my eyes.

• That's why I suggested waiting a little why you might need to let all those blood vessels decompress

• I read a lot of articles saying its good for you, maybe wait it out a little longer or see your eye Dr.

• Ya I would guess it could just be pressure being on your eyes for too long. At least your eyes are one of the fastest healing parts of your body. Still bothering you now go to a doctor.