What are the best fruits and vegetables for your health/appearance?

I'm curious, can eating a lot of fruits and vegetables help you stay looking younger longer?

I know fruits and vegetables are healthy for you, but which ones in particular help improve your physical appearance and health?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• broccoli and radish are known to reduce the chance of developing cancerous cells

always keep your iron intake up or risk becoming anemic (that one is more for girls as we lose blood more often on our period) but its still important

switching completely from a junk food diet to vegetables and cooked meat (not fried in lard or butter but in its own fats) will help clear your skin

• dark leafy greens and citrus fruit are the best of all, but of course you know that no fruit or veggie can hurt either!

• Skin--Pomegranates, avocados, bananas, kiwis, strawberries

Carrots, spinach, kale, sweet potatoes, tomatoes

Hair--Avocados, bananas

Spinach, kale, romaine lettuce, sprouts

Don't forget about flaxseed and/or chia seeds

Nothing will prevent aging. Although you can eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle to age gracefully.

Of course, drink enough water and get enough sleep.

• I'm pretty sure a variety of different ones is best. But I've also heard the darker the fruit/veggie, the better it is for you.

• Dark green vegetables are the healthiest and most vitamin packed. Anything with Vitamin K in it will help revitalize your appearance.

• Could you please be more specific as to which dark green vegetables I should eat?

• Anything leafy, although my top five health-wise are kale, collard, swiss chard, turnip greens (I don't like them personally), and good old spinach.

Beets are also really awesome for you.

• papaya is the best fruit for skin.

best vegetables: kale, spinach, broccoli, avocados and tomatoes.

• i have been interested in this topic for awhile and researched it extensively

• Almonds are full of anti-oxidants. In fact, anything with anti-oxidants will help your skin. Happy eating!

• Papayas

What Guys Said 6

• Anything with vibrant colors really. Dark leafy greens, berries, peppers, etc. Its tough to go wrong with fruits & veggies.

Although you might want to limit white potatoes. Starchy (aka, turns to sugar in your system) and few nutrients. Most other fruits/veggies are more nutrient dense.

Oh yeah - for whatever reason canned fruit and veggies have much less nutrients than either fresh or frozen (fresh being best of course) so keep that in mind.

• Mix it up. Variety > any one vegetable.

• probably all of them, I can't imagine any fruits or veges being bad for you, except if you were allergic

• yeh everything in moderation is harmless, I would say that one fruit which can get harmful in excessive amounts is grapes tho [so darn delicious but packed with sugar-.-]

• yea.. apple for skin ..strawberry for teeth.. ;)

• Working out and sleeping will help a lot also!

• all of them.