How would (South) Koreans react to a tall European girl?

Hi, I'm 20 years old and I'm 5'10 I think so yeah I'm pretty tall than average. I'm thinking of moving to Seoul, but I'm wondering how would Koreans react to me being that tall. Because I know for a fact that Korean guys like their girls short. So will I be like a total outcast if I start to live there and have a life there?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you'll definitely stand out, ever been to Korea before? Of course it is really easy for Koreans to see your foreign. They might stare at you, but you will not be an outcast. I know a lot of Canadians who live there and they're not.

What Guys Said 3

• I take it you're white, so you'll already be a minority and a foreigner so you could experience some covered racism, but not openly. They are to polite for that. You will be stared at no doubt, but to break the ice learn some Korean and always be polite, that will show you are not a barbarian, lol.

There are plenty of tall Asian guys, but more of average height so I guess you'll have your pick once there.

• Yeah I actually plan to learn Korean before I go there. Thanks for your opinion!

• Your welcome. Just stay away from eating anything with more than 4 legs and which is still moving. You'll be fine.

• Si senior!

• It depends on whether or not you adopt their cultural values.

You probably won't have many options when finding guys since they are generally below 5'10'' and that's always a huge no-no for girls. There are tall Koreans, just not as many.

• yeah, this pretty much sums everything up when you go to any foreign country. Adapt to their values, great advice.

• for some strange reason, GaG doesn't want that Spanish "n" with that little snake thing above it, changes it into a " ? " Si senor

• Racists.

• They have small dick...

What Girls Said 3

• You might get stared at and even have some distant admirers but I don't think you'll be outcast. When I lived in Japan, the people seemed to admire tall American or European girls. I'm guessing Korea will be no different. The only real problem you'll have is finding good shoes that fit :)

• I'm am currently living in Seoul but right now I'm staying in the United States for a few weeks to see some family...
    But anyway I don't think so... If anything they will be amazed that a European is in their country like when they stared at me for being African American!

• come to thailand. no one cares