Why was this guy staring at me?

Hi guys, so first off I am 19, male and bisexual.

I went into a store last week and was looking at the new TV's that they had on sale and I noticed from the side of me eye that a really attractive shop assistant who works in the TV section was standing and just staring at me, when I turned to the side and looked at him, he was like "Do you need any help?" with a smile on his face and I just told him that I was having a look and he was like "hahaha okay" With a goofy smile and laugh. Anyway, I came back in today and was walking through the entrance and I noticed that he was looking at me as I was walking through one of the aisles. I decided to do a little test so I went up to the TV section a few meters away from him and I again noticed that he was looking at me so I looked back at him and he quickly looked away then looked back at me and I looked away. I'm not sure how to interpret it but he does look bi/gay (though I could be wrong) he seems a bit flamboyant, has a pink piercing in one of his ears and has his hair shaved except for the top where he combs it neatly to the side.

When people are looking around he has no problems approaching them asking if they need help but he (for the 2nd time of me going to the store) just looks at me.

Am I just over analysing or is there a reason I notice him looking at me a fair bit?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he might be interested.

What Girls Said 8

• You're probably just over-analyzing. My brother works as a cashier/shop assistant, and it's pretty much his job to be nice and flirt with the customers to possibly get them to buy more stuff. Since you told him that you don't need any help, I think he remembered that and probably decided that he doesn't need to approach you? I don't know. And as for looking at you from time to time, that's probably just to check that you're not shoplifting or anything of the sort. So, from what I've heard from my brother, it seems like he's just doing his job. But if you're interested in him, why don't you just walk up to him and start talking? Ask him for help or something. :)

• I try not to over analyse because I actually have low self esteem when it comes to things like this and assumed he looked at me because he could have been a bit suspicious, but then again, I've caught him looking at me and then looks away and quickly looks back (not saying that means anything but yeah :P). I am interested and want to think of a good reason to go there maybe once or twice a week.

• Good luck!

• Gosh! so romantic (if you like him but if not it is kinda creepy). Okay, think, what makes someone look like they might be into you.. Staring would be counting for that one, then, what makes a guy looking like he could be gay? Think this for yourself, what makes me look like I like guys as well..?
    look at his body language, observe how he is standing, talking etc. Much moving with he's hands? Walking? big steps, small one's? I think either he is really shy and likes ya or he doesn't like gay/bisexual guys? Why don't you just ask him out or his number. Try to have some small talk with him and have a big cheesy ending. Touch him while talking, does he like it? Good luck! :D

• Hi! Well when he was talking to a customer, he sounded flamboyant and sometimes when I look over he stands up on his tippie toes while at the TV section.

• Didn't you already ask this question?

• You could ask him, but he may just be looking at something else and maybe you think he's looking/staring at you...

• It could be that he's checking if you're stealing something. Let's just be realistic :P
    It's tricky if he's supposed to be friendly to you, it's his job. But you could try chitchatting with him. Always better to do something instead of waiting, right?

• Hey, true, I plan to go and have a chat I just need to think of a way to do it. I don't want to go there too often and not buy anything, that would be weird and chances are the staff could get annoyed/suspicious (I'm not going to fork over $3000 for a TV just to talk to this guy lol).

• He's probably wanting you to buy something or just making sure you aren't stealing.. but if you are interested go for it maybe you can use his discount card.

• Lol, I think it will take more than a little talking with him to get his discount card if you know what I mean... ;P

• Not really, a little flirting and foreplay, you will be surprised what can happen.

• True, that is of course if he is attracted/ interested in the first place.

• Answered own question

• Maybe he is checking you out.

What Guys Said 1

• Well he might be interested. If you are too, try to start a conversation, about a TV then make it derive to something more casual, and see for yourself.

• That's a good idea! Any idea what I could ask about the TV and is there a way I can change the subject to something more general?

• I don't know, technical stuff about tv, to play some console or connect a computer, then casual stuff about playing console games, leisures, places to go out to, and so on.

• Oh, that's great, thanks!