Guys: What do you look for in a girl?

Guys,

Other than the obvious physical attraction, what do you look for in a woman you would want to date long term? How does she act when you are together? What makes you think "I could spend the rest of my life (or at least the foreseeable future) with this woman and really enjoy it?

Most Helpful Guy

• The usual; lungs, kidneys, liver, etc.

• Are you really that shallow? The last guy I dated was an amazing guy who had lost a kidney in a sports accident when he was in high school. I spend a lot of my time volunteering with wounded veterans who have lost limbs, kidneys and part of lungs...think about that when you joke.

• Actually, there is a lot of cheer I experience coming from them. I teach them to get their independence back and that nothing is too big of a hurtle. The smiles I get are pretty cheerful. You should try making someone else feel good some time, instead of making fun of something they ask or say...

• I wish I could do something to make you love me. Surely a woman of your great empathy wouldn't mind having a fling with an old man. Think of the added self-esteem it would bring you.

What Guys Said 2

• Great cooking skills. I'm kidding, just a nice personality and an inviting smile.

• She doesn't act.

• No one wants to face a wall of pretenses. Just be genuine and if your personality fits his, then it will go somewhere... Faking it, establishes an expiration date before the relationship even starts. Don't act.

• You're looking for a laundry lists of things girls do or say to land a man. What does it matter if you don't do those things for the right reasons. Like I said faking it is a game ender. Was that really that unclear? There's no reason to collect a list anyway, ever guy is a different person. They don't make us in factories.

• I'm looking for what guys are attracted to. I'm not saying I have or do those things, I'm just curious about a guys state of mind when he goes out with a girl. My biggest things are dependability and honesty, even if it's brutally honest.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say get yourself some sense of humor. These guys started off either making the most hilarious jokes with you, or giving you good serious answers. I would be laughing my head off, and taking the don't act advice seriously. And all you do is act defensive. I would say first exercise a little, find some girl friends, loosen up, have some fun, and when you are ready, start dating. I am sorry, but I have been there before, and I feel like you are really hurting from sth, and I think it's more about yourself outside of a relationship than the other way around. If you have any friends and family, spend every minute of the next 7 days around your loved ones NO MATTER WHAT IT MAY COST YOU (time, money, pride, effort, hard work, ...). See how you feel afterwards.