Why don't guys like me?

I'm a pretty attractive girl. I've gotten called gorgeous, beautiful, pretty, even "a perfect face and body." (I'm not trying to sound full of myself by the way) I'm pretty outgoing, and I play sports, so I've got good runners legs (I've been told.) It doesn't bother me that I don't get attention from guys, but I was wondering, what don't I have that other girls do? I'm a very nice person to everyone, and like I said I'm outgoing, but sometimes I'll only talk to guys if I either have to, or just to be nice, never to flirt. I mean sure guys have liked me and I've had two boyfriends, but it seems that guys don't even notice me at all. Or if they do, it's as a friend. I look like a Hispanic version of Ariana Grande (people tell me I look like her and Selena Gomez...) So why don't I get much attention from guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I'm outgoing, but sometimes I'll only talk to guys if I either have to, or just to be nice, never to flirt."

And there's your problem. Plenty of guys like you and/or are attracted to you, but if you act like you aren't interested in them, or don't respond to their interest in you, then those guys are just going to move on to another girl. Why would they waste their time on a girl who isn't interested?

You say you're outgoing, but it sounds like when you start getting romantic thoughts, you get shy and lose your confidence, and shyness is most often not perceived as shyness by others, but rather as DISINTEREST, and sometimes it even makes the person seem conceited. If you are giving off that vibe, then, sure, guys are going to avoid you, because they feel they've lost before they've even begun.

What you need to do is maintain your confidence, and start flirting with guys you are interested in. You do that, and suddenly everything is going to start changing for you.

• "Why would they waste their time on a girl who isn't interested?"

+1! The few very hot girls in my college don't give eye contact to me; seems like they don't see me or are just not interested, and thus I don't even get a slight eye contact or even a little bit of a smile I'm not going to approach them.

I'm willing to bet that the QA doesn't acknowledge guys around her

What Guys Said 10

• Guys probably assume you're stuck up because you're beautiful and don't wanna take the chance of being shot down. If you're out there looking for someone, then sure it's kind of a pain. I'd suggest you approach men a little more yourself. But if you're not looking to date, then this is a blessing, other girls who are extremely attractive like you describe yourself have to deal with jerks who think they can bag any chick they talk to approaching them everyday. Be lucky you don't have to deal with that.

• Lady,you aren't gorgeous.Gorgeous means brightly colored.I've never met a woman of that description.

Learn eye-contact and body language (and smiles).It sounds like you've got everything else you need.

• "but sometimes I'll only talk to guys if I either have to, or just to be nice, never to flirt." - > In every one of these threads look for the "but" and you will find the answer.

• You've had boyfriends that alone should mean guys like you

• You seem stuck up, or maybe even looking for specific kind of guys

• I'm not stuck up at all, trust me. I'll talk to anyone and everyone. I'm a nice person because I hate when people are mean to me, so that's why I'm not rude to anyone. I'm not looking for specific guys, I guess it's just that I'm not a good flirter so guys don't think I'm interested.

• You sound stuck up. No one wants to hear or read questions, about someone bragging about themselves. And without a pic its just smoke and mirrors at this point.

• You are under 18 wait til you are at over I am sure you will be just fine.

• It sounds like you're not approachable. Approachability is the biggest factor in how often you get approached. My female friend is average-looking (maybe even below average). She gets approached all the time, because she smiles so much and looks so friendly, and indeed she is very friendly. She's the kind of girl that even a nervous, shy, inexperienced guy could approach. By the way, most guys are nervous to some extent about approaching girls.

• Look, assuming you've described you're self accurately, guys are probably intimidated. Hate to say it but "yes" the more attractive Latin chicks tend to be stuck up. In fact, more so than any other ethnicity in my opinion. You have the upper hand here, get proactive about about approaching guys. Hate to break it to you though, guys at your age are either WAY to confident(smug) or super uncomfortable around attractive girls.

• It sucks. I feel like the guy version of you. I've been called the hottest guy a girl has seen, gorgeous, and even beautiful. I'm also nice, sporty, and intelligent. But girl never do more then look at me, even when I ask them out they usually don't respond. One of my girlfriends sabotaged our relationship because through tears she said she "never liked anyone so much" and was "scared of losing me".

I think its because people are intimated by you. Or it scares them when they can't see flaws in you. I don't know how to fix the problem. Maybe if you figure it out you can let me know. But keep doing what your doing, girl! Don't take on unattractive qualities just to get a guy. Because you'll find the best kind of guy eventually.

What Girls Said 1

• i think you need to flirt more