Girls, as an average looking guy, is it OK to want a girlfriend?

I'm 28 & I personally don't think I'm good looking but I want a girlfriend so bad. I have a job, car etc. everything else. I have money to go out on dates & fun activities.

To tell you the 100% honest truth, it's not all about sex to me either. I long for a girls companionship & love as well.

But I am just very average looking guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello brother. This is a valid question you have asked, and I will provide you a satisfactory solution. And I won't be rude at all, because I know very well how it feels.

I myself am a pretty average looking 27 year old guy (like I'm pretty short at 170cms or 5'7", and slightly overweight). And my face isn't what a woman would actually call attractive. And several years ago, I was in the exact same situation as you - totally depressed and unable to attract women. In fact, there was a point in my life where my confidence was so low that I even considered plastic surgery to alter the appearance of my face. And of course, I never asked any girl out because I was sure of her rejecting me. And like you, I too firmly believed that women only date good looking guys.

Then I realized that there's no use if I keep whining about my looks, and instead I have to find a way of making up for it. That's when I became a total gentleman. I began expressing a lot of kindness towards my female friends, helping them out when they had problems and lending them a shoulder to cry on. Of course, I wasn't doing this just to attract them, because I was equally kind and helpful towards my male friends as well. I completely discarded swear words from my vocabulary, and also gave up using any kind of vulgar/profane language. I also used to crack jokes often, and make the girls giggle.

Please note, I never worked in improving my looks, but instead concentrated on transforming myself into a kind and confident man, with a bit of humor. And you'll be surprised to know the result. I myself never asked any girl out, but SEVEN girls themselves asked me out at various points of my life. Out of those seven, 2 were super hot, 3 were quite pretty and the remaining 2 were above average. That means, in spite of me being average looking (or perhaps below average), the girls who asked me out were never average or below average. I won't get into the details regarding my acceptance of those girls, my relationships with them etc. because these things are beyond the scope of this article. The point I was to drive here is that, if I could do it, so can anyone else.

I agree that some women are shallow enough to date a man only based on his looks (there are such shallow men as well), but I can confirm that such women are the minority. Most women only want a kind and confident man (sometimes with a good sense of humor), and once they get the feeling that their life will be secure with you, your job's done. It is quite easy to win a woman's heart if you just know the way of speaking with her. The most important thing here is that you have to behave in such a way that she gets the impression that your primary objective is 'love' and not 'sex'. Just be kind towards a girl, support her during her hard times, make her laugh, and treat her with respect (rat

• (contd...) (rather than a sexual object), and you'll melt her heart sooner than you think. And its really not as hard as it seems, trust me.

What Girls Said 7

• well , I personally know guys who may be less than average looking and they have girlfriends , but tell you a trick ;) since you can't do anything about your face ,what about your BODY ? I mean there are many girls who care way more about body than the face ! so this is actually a good thing to work on - just go to gym , take supplements and eat healthy for about 6-8 months and see the difference in how girls will take you more seriously ,haven't you seen any singers or even p*rn stars who are not facially attractive but they enjoy a real good body which in the end give them a sexy look over all (florida- 50 cent - and many others ) ,good luck

• Well I already am a big guy. Very tall and well built, maybe a bit intimidating built...whats worse is that I have too much of dark brown thick hair on whole of front torso and arms. My face is like a guy next door.

• Maybe I should start up with my weight first. Because that's visible and my hairiness isn't visible to every girl. That way I could attract girls attention and maybe move to the next stage where she sees my body with lot of hair. Right?

And do you think I should tell/warn her about my hairiness the first time I let her see my body?

• look , don't rush things , and I was about to tell you that the hair thing is not that visible unlike the shape thing , and no don't tell her at the first time - I mean when you feel the first time is up just go to the waxing center and wax them , it can last for quite a month and half without one hair - at this time you must be going sexually and romantically along with her, and when everything Is okay and she is already into you and slept with you already , you can tell hair about the removal thing

• What's average to you is above average to a girl who's interested in you. Don't be down on yourself like that - you have plenty of qualities to attract a suitable girlfriend with. Start by looking for people who are interested in the things you're already passionate about - join groups that have those interests. Meeting a quality woman isn't too hard, but confidence is a good thing to have on your side. You're self sufficient, you are willing and able to go on dates - now it's just time to start putting yourself out there in ways to meet like-minded women!

• I'm pretty sure there are lots of average looking guys out there who have girlfriends.

However, while I would (and have) dated guys that others would consider "average", I wouldn't date someone with such low self esteem and little sense of self worth. Harsh, but true. I couldn't deal with providing that kind of emotional support and reassurance he'd require.

• Imagine being 28 and never had any girlfriend or sexual encounter or female friend and feel the pain I have.

• I can't imagine that, and I'm sorry if I seem unsympathetic, I'm just being honest.

• How often is it you meet a more than average looking guy or girl, I mean there's got to be a better reason to not have a girlfriend other than being average looking. Maybe you aren't looking in the right places for a good girl. :) you'll find someone eventually, so don't lose hope just because you're average looking. I think its perfectly fine to want a girlfriend regardless of what you look like.

• Looks is subjective..everybody has the right to find a partner.

• Are you asking if you are worthy of love? I'd say as long as you haven't maimed or murdered anyone then of course, silly

• It's normal

What Guys Said 7

• An average looking guy who is socially competent and has his life under control is extremely datable.

• Yes it is perfectly ok...as long as you understand that your highest odds of getting a girlfriend are with girls that are just as average looking as you.

Are you willing to accept this truth?

• You can get one and its OK. You just haven't had that life altering confidence boost yet, it does happen, you gotta make it happen though.

• Why would you be unworthy of love just because you're average looking?

• What a spineless question.

• I've seen guys that I would rate a 3/10 with girlfriends that are almost perfect.

So yeah, it's okay.

• is it ok? definitely not. you should be ashamed you even asked ... geez what an a**hole