How do I fix myself? I am broken and looking for someone to fix me, but I want to fix myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a great question. Lots of people will tell you to stop worrying, relax, get over it, etc. It's not that easy. I am also trying to 'fix' myself and be on my own'. I found a self help work book at the bookstore, I usually don't like doing it though because I have to think about things I don't want to think about.

I've started a dance class and bike riding. Trying to be alone with myself so that I can gain confidence based on me not on others. I also went to counseling for awhile but my school and work schedule is making that difficult now.

No one can fix you they just make it disappear for awhile. Sorry I'm not much help.

What Guys Said 4

• We all are flawed in one way or another. What you need to do is put yourself out there, you come off as lonely and a little desperate to find someone that cares about you. Try to find a hobby or something you enjoy to do to take your mind off the pain you feel. Also if you are looking for someone to help make yourself available, there are a lot of nice people in this world, sometimes they might be hard to find but they are there. If what is causing you so much pain is someone you were in a relationship with than I suggest reading "The Five Stages of Grief".

• You cannot find someone to fix you. Figure out what things you want to fix. Write them down in a list, start working on marking them off the list. And done.

• duh...thats what I said, done? thanks

• Work on your issues and his to grow.

• Use superglue.

What Girls Said 2

• We're all broken in some way or another. But we're not pieces of machinery...other people can't fix us, we have to fix ourselves.

Determine how you are broken...are we talking trust issues, being melodramatic, jumping to conclusions, taking things too personally? In order to fix a problem you first have to define it.

Once you have done that, search the Net for "self-help" type pages that address your particular issue. Read over stories from people with similar problems. Join an online support group and get advice from those who have been there.

Lastly, believe in your own strength. The fact that you are here asking a question is proof that you are truly interested in bettering yourself. Find the positives about yourself and give them attention, build on them.

Good luck. :)

• Just ignore whatever is making you think you're broken, and just push it down so far inside of you it's like it's not even there. Just, like fake it till' you make it, 'ya know? Eventually, if you believe you're fixed, then you might inadvertently fix yourself in the process. That's why I do, anyway.