How much do looks really matter?

Girls how much do looks matter? They say it's supposed to not matter but I know for guys it does.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's funny how this question is meant for girls to answer, yet some bitter guys have managed to post an answer... And surprise, they claim women only care about looks, while men don't. Pff..yeah, right.. Men don't care about looks. If men don't care about looks, then I have the ability to fly.

Looks matter. I'm not saying we only want guys who look like models, but a guy who looks like he takes good care of himself is more attractive than a guy with greasy hair, and bad teeth, and a 3 weeks stubble. Also helps if he doesn't look like a potato who spends all his free time on the couch.

What Girls Said 10

• Girls how much do looks matter?

Depends on the gal though considering how often I see guys with more attractive partners than vice versa I would say it matters little when the guy has an amazing personality, wealth, or status.

For this gal looks are what I first go by which I consider tit for tat as most likely the guy approached me solely/mainly based on my looks.

• it's not looks per ce, it's more like "does he have a nice smile, do his eyes light up?" and stuff like that than the actual "dude, he has such a symmetrical face!"

• 70/30. Personality is more important but at the end of the day there has to be some attraction.

• whoever said looks doesn't matter is lying, looks are very important. I have to be attracted to the guy in order for anything to progress. He doesn't need to be extremely good looking, he just needs to be appealing to me. That coupled with a great personality would have me hooked.

• For me personally, looks is one of the first things I look at. Literally. If someone is attractive physically I'm much more interested in them if they were talking to me than if they were unattractive.

But looks differ for everyone. Boys I find unattractive, my friend ends up dating or having a crush on, and vice versa.

• I believe for both genders it does. But looks is subjective ..the guys I am physically attracted to and like are not those who are considered good looking by my friends. Very good looking guys to me are meant to be admired from far not to be in a relationship with.

• I agree with you here. I have never been interested in the conventionally good looking guy. I like the slightly scruffy,down to earth man, I always gravitate towards them.

• Me too. The body of the man is not critical for me too..I like a guy who has a beer belly too

• yeah but everyone has different taste

so looks are important but if there's no chemistry what's the point

• Not that much, if he has the most amazing personality, then by far he would outwin someone with better superficial appeal.

• a lot. if I don't find you attractive then nothing will happen

• now men wouldn't have a problem with that if every girls standards werent up the roof

• take better care of yourselves and look better then. there's no excuse to be a lazy slob and then complain that girls standards are too high. no, maybe your standards for your self is just too low. I see hot guys all the time, especially in the military. but they work out a lot and try to look good. that's what some of you men should do instead of being lazy expecting relationships to work like beauty and the beast.

• When I like a guy, the looks are some part of it...I am one of those people where it's more the personality... Now don't get me wrong here, I do look at looks too, but not on purpose. When there is a guy with a great personality, but not cute whatsoever, it's hard to think of like kissing that person and stuff... I REALLY wish that I did NOT think that way, but if there is not physical attraction I can't help it:/ please don't go off and say that you don't have to think that way and so on and so fourth, because it's like my mind that's messing with me like "eww, kissing that?" And "what are your friends going to think if y'all start dating" and it's annoying me so much! I truly honestly wish that I didn't think that was and that I didn't care what others thought, but that's my stupid brain for ya... Sorry this is kinda long... And kinda went way overboard... Oopsy:)

What Guys Said 13

• It depends on how she was raised and what she is looking for in a relationship. Guys look attractive in different ways. Some look attractive by the way they act too(thus the confidence claim many women have).

A guy can physically be attractive but look totally unattractive because he is a sissy. Insecurity can lower a guy's attractiveness very significantly. But if a guy is happy all the time and feels good, people can naturally be drawn to him when he is humorous and such. People want to feel good, and those who already feel good about themselves instantly attract all sorts of people.

• It depends on the person. For me it's not that important. It can be a bonus.

• They are about as important as oxygen.

• Women value looks at around 75% to 90% and personality at 25% to 10%.

• The concept is that you don't look bad. That's what matters most.

• Depends almost entirely on how an individual was raised in 'said' environment.

• Girls care about the looks of his bank account a lot! Lmao

• Looks matter to girls just as much as looks matter to guys. Looks aren't the be-all and end-all, they are just what gets your foot in the door when attracting someone.

• Good luck trying to get a real honest answer. You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery twice or being struck by lightning before any female user on here give you a honest answer.

• The way women value men as a successful guy or a failure is by money and looks

money+looks = successful

money-looks= ill act like I think he is successful until I steal his money

-money+looks= successful but ill steal money from the guy above just in case

-money-looks= failure and unworthy

• girls value you as a human by your looks

• 200% for women, 35% for men.

• I think you've got it the other way around...

• I'm not the one claiming it's all facts. It's my observation. You're the one claiming it's all facts. Provide a link then.

• The links are all above my answer.

• To women? 100%

To men? 50% looks, and personality.