I'm thin but not? Isn't getting skinny supposed to make your boobs shrink?

I'm not sure how to explain it. I'm 5'8" and only 120 so I know I'm not big by any means. But in some areas I seem to be. It's all in my hips and lower belly no matter how clean I eat and how much I'm working out. It's mostly hips, I look small enough from the side , but my hips are too massive to make me look good from an front or back view. And they're even bony on the front, it just doesn't make sense. I look so much heavier than I am due to it :/

And isn't getting skinny supposd to make your boobs shrink?! They seemed to for a bit but are swollen again and they look bad on my frame.

I'm normally a smaller 34 C but they are too much all the sudden :/

By the way, if it matters.. I went from 160 to 120 in around 3 years

Most Helpful Girl

• Do some heavy weight training. You're probably skinny fat which is why you don't look good. Get some muscle on your frame

• What kind of weight stuff would be good for that area? The lower belly, hips and stuff? Because I kinda am in that region. Haha I like that term.

• I suggest picking up New Rules of Lifting for Women or Starting Strength. Both of those really helped me and they give lots of good diet advice (which is important!) plus they show you routines and what/how to do. Basically, for lower body you want heavy squats (start with just the bar first to get the movement right) and deadlifts also cardio like stairmaster etc. but I really recommend to read one of those books they are helpful

What Guys Said 6

• I am sure your hips couldn't be 'massive' at your height and weight. You are seeing yourself as big even though you aren't.

This isn't, unfortunately, uncommon among girls these days in the US. I suspect you're obsessed with your 'huge' size because you don't look like fashion models. Those women have exceptional bodies, you know, even without working out.

If you seem outof proportion, it's probably because you are lacking in muscle, since you have not been eating enough for a long time, and your body is cannibalizing your muscle tissue.

I would consult an MD on this right away! For your own good!

• Hip bones (that whole pregnancy preparation thing) and breast tissue (that whole lactation thing). Neither one are going to be affected by exercise.

It sounds like thinking of yourself as being "thin with awesome curves (and no belly!)" might be better than thinking of yourself as "stick thin." Play to your strengths :)

(and trust me, a nice waist can look great)

• thin? well that seems relative but based on your height and weight you sound healthy. I imagine the proportions (where the fat is stored) are due to your weight loss. you may need to try just maintaining your weight but doing workouts in which you focus on those "problem" areas.

but 5'8 120 is a very healthy weight certainly not overweight

• The thing with your hips is almost certainly down to your bone structure, not your weight. I know women who are rail thin, borderline anorexic looking, but still have wide hips. It's just how you're built.

34C on a 5'8" 120lb frame is fine. Attractively large, but still within the average size range and not top-heavy or cumbersome. I wouldn't worry about it.

• It sounds like its mainly your hip bones. Probably has to do with you being female, not a boy.

• You sound fine. Looks aren't the most important thing in the world.

What Girls Said 1

• I think the hips is just part of your bonestructure, no matter how much you go to the gym or how healthy you eat, you can't change bones. Maybe your boobs grew because of hormones? Have you taken another birthcontrolpill or something that could affect it?