Grunge fashion. What do guys think?

i've been going through a style whirl wind so to speak, I can't really decide what I like but I've recently realized I feel most comfortable and happy dressing grunge.

by grunge I don't mean baggy clothes and flannel tops, I mean the scarves, cool/dark colors, tights, faded grey denim shorts, boots, and knits.

i know most tend to veer towards the hipster, preppy, mall look so will it be weird to see someone out dressed in grunge fashion?

i'm like it regardless, but I'd like to know what others think

- and would that make me look unfriendly? to wear what I listed above (I already have "bitchy resting face" ha ha so I don't know if this will make it worse)

Most Helpful Guy

• True grunge is not a fashion style that you just put on and take off. It's who you are. I dress very grungy but not because I want to. I don't even give a thought to it, it's just the style I happen to closely resemble. It's just the random pieces of clothing that I happen to put together. If you have to think about wearing grunge fashion, then it's not who you are.

Also it's f***ing hot when a girl dresses grungy. It means she not some bitchy little princess that needs f***ing pampering. She can take care of herself and handle her own sh*t.

• yeah I used to dress rocker/grunge for yearsss but I changed it recently because I wanted to be taken "seriously " in college. I've noticed though that what you wear surprisingly isn't that important (for a fashion design major).

thanks for the help!

What Guys Said 3

• link Something like this?

• what you described is soft grunge its like the new age grunge fashion and looks much better than the original in my opinion

i dig girls in soft grunge that's such a cool fashion :D

• I'd have to see examples to really say.

What Girls Said 2

• I love it! I would totally wear it if I could pull it off!

So go for it! :D

It would make you look intimidating if anything

• I hit my teens rig at the start of grunge, so I'm biased, but IMO nothing's better than than period in time, including the apparel. Except maybe the 40s-50s. :)