Why do guys deny checking out other girls even after getting caught?

As I was walking with my boyfriend at the park I saw an attractive girl up ahead and then right before he noticed her I started to stare right at him to see when he would notice her an how long he would stare. Well when I did he locked his eyes in right on her and wouldn't look no where else. When I confronted him about it he all of a sudden was like "No I wasn't checking out anyone I was looking at the playground" when I simply saw with my own eyes that his eyes did not what so ever turn away from her and the park that he claimed to look at was far enough to the right to where you would have to turn your head to even look at for you to notice it. I don't get it, is there really guys out there where sometimes they do check out other females but don't notice when they are doing it (when they clearly are) as if they are in denial or something?

Even when he plays the new Grand Theft Auto game 5 lol I know what I'm about to say is dumb but like of how they have made that game now, the chicks an dudes look so realistic I even catch him just starring and following the half naked girls in thongs in the game. Like come on really? He does that more than he plays the missions on that game lol but sometimes it just seems to me that I am with a total pervert that just can't help himself but lock eyes on any female.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Nah guys will know they are doing it, sometimes someone might zone out completely and not notice what's in front of them, but if they check a girl out they know what they're doing. Why do they deny it? Because saying, yes I was looking at other hot women sounds like he doesn't appreciate his girlfriend since he isn't thinking of her every second of the day. Some guys may notice other girls, but it's only noticing... nothing beyond.

• its normal for guys to check out girls , its not something I'd think was a big deal but has been some girls I was friends with who had an issue with me checking certain girls out

• I think all people notice beauty whether you're in a relationship or not. It doesn't mean your boyfriend loves you any less. I'm sure there are guys that have caught your eye every now and then. I think it is respectful not to be a pig though.

• Don't give him too hard a time on it. A guy can't always help it. It doesn't mean he's going to cheat on ya the next day. Guys will deny it when they are pushed to the wall and feel like they are being interrogated, so they'll tell you what you want to hear

• so he doesn't seem like he's creepy or offend the girl he's looking at.

• @update

seriously? grow up

What Girls Said 2

• Why do guys deny checking out other girls even after getting caught?

Likely because he thinks it'll be perceived negatively and he doesn't want to deal with the consequences as I find most guys generally don't like being responsible or accountable for their actions especially those that are sexually/sexually negative.

is there really guys out there where sometimes they do check out other females but don't notice when they are doing it (when they clearly are) as if they are in denial or something?

Yes there are many guys that check out other gals without even noticing they are doing it as I find it's quite ingrained and conditioned in guys to regard gals as body parts so it's almost innate or second nature to guys.

• Because guys are not as smart as girls. So as a result they are terrible liars. You should keep beating him at his own game though.