Does a guy being "busy" mean that he is cheating?

This guy and I just started dating. At first the relationship was great. Now it seems that every time we have plans something comes up. Or he might say I will call you back and he doesn't call. He sometimes says that he is tired or his body hurts when he comes around me. I just hope that I'm not overreacting!

Most Helpful Girl

• I know the popular saying goes forgive and forget, but when it comes to guys, I think repeat offenses of not doing what he says he will, is a HUGE red flag. It doesn't always means he is cheating, but it almost always means he's losing interest or there's is definitely someting else going on, becase a guy who is in to you, really into you doesn't flake. I don't care if he got hit by a bus on the way home and catches mono, he's going to do what he can to keep his promise to you, because you are important.

Your bf's behavior is his way of saying to you "you're not important anymore". And you need to find out why. Talk to him, be open and honest about your feelings and if he doens't reciprocate, then not only is he telling you you're not important, he's trying to get yout to break up with him, so that he doens't have to be the bad guy. Of course at this point you should cut him loose, but I'd hang on for a few more days just to torture him a bit for being a coward and just when he's ready to pull his own hair out from frustration and cut you loose himself, then you dump his ass in the most humiliating way possible :)

Then move on girl, cause life is too short and the guy who will crawl on his hands and knees just to keep a date you is waiting around the next corner :)

What Guys Said 3

• He may not be cheating, but he doesn't sound like anyone worthy of dating, either.

• No.
    He might be cheating.
    More likely he just wants some time to do other things.
    Or even more likely still he actually is busy.

• That's quite far from each other. He's busy because he has work.

What Girls Said 7

• Maybe he is not cheating but sounds like he is losing interest and maybe gaining interest in someone else. It does not sound good though, unless he works A LOT! :( sorry

• you're pretty overreacting I think :)

• well, actually I means you act pretty paranoid.

• He doesn't seem like a good boyfriend

• Sounds to me like he's definitely cheating. Confront him about it, better to know the truth than wonder.

• I don't think you're overreacting. He could be cheating, but it's hard to say when I don't know him. Some guys during those first few dates are all "I gotta be with you all the time" and then they get into this routine. They go back to how their life was without you and just insert you into it. It's also possible that is just the type of person he is. He could be really forgetful and disorganized. I think I would worry if he was breaking ALL your dates and the only time he saw you was for a booty call. I would just be wary and keep your guard up a bit.

• This sounds pretty similar to the way I acted when I cheated on my boyfriend, but your relationship is very new at the moment so it could just be the way he is. If he suddenly changed then I'm sorry to say he probably is straying :(